Heart issues after surgery? Anyone else?

starrens
on 8/23/15 2:33 pm

Before surgery, pre-op testing EKG came back normal and my heart rate was fine. Every since surgery, my EKGs have been abnormal and my heart rate is incredibly fast (highest has been 144 bpm resting). I've been referred to a cardiologist who ran some other tests (ultrasound of heart, more EKGs, etc) and has found no underlying cause for my symptoms. He thinks it, "Should work itself as my body adjusts."

Anyone else experience this? Did you get the same kind of response from your doctor? It's kind of scary feeling. :(

beelitehobbies
on 8/24/15 6:11 am - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

Nope, complete opposite actually. Mine dropped. HR dropped about 15 beats/min. and BP dropped.

That symptom is alarming. Time for  second opinion?

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

LML8789
on 8/24/15 6:48 am

Yes--my heart was racing.  after many tests, they determined it was a mixture of dehydration and hormonal (menopause).  Good luck--I know it's scary but you've done the right thing in consulting a doctor.  Keep going back if it continues---Lisa

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/24/15 4:28 pm

food allergies cause my HBR to go really really high... or dehydration...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics