pleasant suprise

happytoloose
on 8/22/15 6:00 pm

Well, 10 months have flown by since surgery day. I dont know how things could be better.

I knew that the weight loss would slow a bit as I approach my goal weight, but what I didnt know is that it would kickstart

again. Without changing anything obvious, Im on a 1/2 lb a day run all of a sudden.

I feel as though the stalls, there have been many along the way, are getting shorter.

The first few were two week or longer. But the losses following a stall were fantastic. 3, 4, even 5 lbs a day for a week or so was common.

Now, I stop loosing for a few days, then loose 5 lbs in a week.

Well heres the surprise. 3 weeks WITHOUT a stall now. new record for me.

At this rate, I'll make my clinical goal in under a year from surgery. Thats 245 lbs in 12 months. Phenomenal!

over 1/2 pound a day on average. I'll take it!

While I never really set a personal goal, because my clinical goal seemed like fantasy, I now have a number in mind as to

where I wanna be. I think I'll make it there.

So far, I've not had to weigh portions or anything extreme  like that, just being mindful of what goes in has worked well for me.

I've been great at limiting complex carbs to about 40g a day since the start. I gotta belive that this has been the key.

I feel no need to increase carb intake but I think thats ultimately what will stop the weightloss when the time comes to do so.

When this is over, I will have lost 1/2 of my body weight. UNREAL!

I may be jumping the gun here, but I cant even imagine gaining the weight back. I dont think my new normal will allow that to happen.

I COULD BE WRONG. If I see any evidence of weightgain, I think I can tighten up and tweak my behavior to overcome it.

Could do anything, I've proven that to myself over the past 10 months. I've never worked so hard on a project, and have never been

rewarded more for my hard work.

AND IF I CAN DO IT, Y'ALL CAN DO IT TOO.

TOTAL WEIGHTLOSS SINCE SEPTEMBER 14      205 LBS. WHOA! Thats a bunch. Im still very excited about the process and I think thats

important to my success.

I LOVE MY SLEEVE!

Rod

mmb2003
on 8/22/15 6:03 pm

Congratulations on doing a spectacular job!!  You're an inspiration!!!

--Meg

VSG 8/11/15 HW: 272.5 PreOp: -17.5 M1: -20.8 M2: -15.0 TWL: -55.1 CW: 217.4

1st Goal: 225 9/27/15 2nd Goal: 200 3rd Goal: 170

cappy11448
on 8/23/15 4:35 am

Wow!  First of all, Congratulations on a job well done.  You did a spectacular job.  I am so happy for you.  Way to go working that sleeve!

I'd also like to mention that your weight loss was exceptional.  I lost 225 pounds in 18 months.  I thought I lost weight exceptionally fast and I lost at half the rate you did.  I just don't want newbies setting expectations that aren't realistic.  10 to 12 pounds per month is a very good rate, and many people lose slower than that and get to goal. 

Again, Congratulations on your success.  You are an inspiration.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

happytoloose
on 8/23/15 2:51 pm

Thanks Carol, point taken.

We all should know, when traveling this road, the bumps and curves along the way depend on what lane your in.

I think due to the fact that I was so heavy, and a man, made the honeymoon phase just that much better than say someone with

100 lbs or so to loose. As I understand , men initially loose faster in the beginning, but taper off quicker too. Certainly true in my case.

I was 490 when the ball started rolling, and the first 75 or so, including 45 pre op, came off quick. less than 2 months.

While the stalls worried me at first, I finally realized it was my body adjusting to the recent changes, kinda redistributing what

was left over. The absolute best losses came after a stall broke. I know its hard, but I dont think we should sweat stalling.

Part of the process I think.

Every body will take a different route from point A to point B. Lucky for me I found a shorter road.

Was it easy? I think not. Still isn't, But Is it worth the struggle? Oh, Hell yea!

Im pleased if I dont loose another pound, but I know it will keep going till my body says STOP, wherever that may be.

Bottom line is to gain control, and I think I may have done that a little earlier than most. 225 in 18 months is still way more

than I expected, so you can imagine my surprise at 10 months. My surgeon calls me a 15 percenter, funny, but that is my sleeve size too.

Gotta wonder......

I LOVE MY SLEEVE!

Rod

Tracy D.
on 8/24/15 1:08 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You are doing so awesome - congratulations! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics