Best tasting and effective protein powder

elatedelaine
on 8/19/15 11:02 am

Sounds great, thanks!

spideygirl7133
on 8/19/15 11:10 am

Where can you find it? I haven't seen this brand in the stores I shop and I'm having serious problems with the other brands I've tried. 

Thanks!

Banded 05/2008, Revision to VSG scheduled 08/12/2015! 

Care_Bear_in_GP
on 8/19/15 1:36 pm - Canada
with

I buy it at the Believe Fit store.  I believe they have an online store as well.  Here is a link to their website:  Diesel Perfect Protein

I hope you find it!

VSG 01/20/15 Dr. Joya Height: 5'5" Start Pre-Op Diet: 210 SW: 197 CW: 177.5    

elatedelaine
on 8/19/15 11:13 am

Your shakes sound delicious!  I really need your recipes:)

Care_Bear_in_GP
on 8/19/15 1:38 pm - Canada
with

In a "Blender Bottle" or any bottle with a blender ball:  I put 1 scoop of the French Vanilla Protein Powder, 1 Tablespoon of Benefiber, and 1/4-1/2 cup of water and shake it all up.  Then I add a cup of brewed coffee (with a couple of ice cubes in just to cool it down a bit) and shake it all up and drink it!  Simple :)

VSG 01/20/15 Dr. Joya Height: 5'5" Start Pre-Op Diet: 210 SW: 197 CW: 177.5    

elatedelaine
on 8/21/15 6:43 am

I gotta try this!  Thank you so much!!!

AngCan2
on 8/19/15 11:53 am
VSG on 10/17/14

So far the one I like the most is Optimum Nutrition Rocky Road. 

Tracy D.
on 8/19/15 11:55 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

When buying a protein powder you really need to look at the ingredient list.  The most easily absorbed protein is 100% whey protein isolate.  It's also more expensive to produce and you're not going to find it at Wal-mart.  

A lot of powders you find on the market will say "protein blend" or "protein concentrate".  You also want to look for the PDCAAS rating (protein diegestibility corrected amino acid score).  Powders/shakes will be scored anywhere from 0 to 1 with 1 being the best/highest rating. You also need to do a bit of research and see where their protein source comes from.  Unfortunately, a lot of protein powders are produced in China or other overeseas sites and are known to contain "acceptable" levels of lead and arsenic.  No thank you!  

When I did my research I had to go online to find a high-quality product that was 100% whey protein isolate with a PDCAAS rating of 1 that was guaranteed to not be produced in China.  The one I settled on was Unjury (unjury.com) but you can find others.  

Bottom line:  do your research.  It's easy to pull a container off the shelf and think you're getting all the protein you need when that's not always the case.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

elatedelaine
on 8/21/15 6:45 am

Thank you so much for all of this helpful information!

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/15 5:53 am, edited 8/19/15 5:54 am
VSG on 08/15/15 with

When I was training really hard I started using GNC brand whey isolate, extreme muscle powder. I plan to still use it as my protein source starting next week (I'm only a few days post op and on clear liquids this week). Why I love this powder: taste! It is super smooth, like a chocolate milkshake, can mix with water and it still tastes great, 20 grams of protein per scoop and only need to mix with 4 oz of water or whatever you choose, and only 1 gram of sugar. 

It is expensive, but lasts forever so truly cost effective in the end. It has very high quality ingredients. The vanilla is very good as well. 

You can read reviews on it online. 

Most Active
Recent Topics