Please help - considering the Sleeve

sharonallen
on 8/16/15 6:31 pm - Grand Prairie

Hiya, thank you sooo much and he's in Arlington! Yes Dr Kim isn't very approachable,  that 8s the reason why I am not going back there. I appreciate this information so much! Please let me know how you are getting on with preparing for the sleeve.

Take care

Sharon

Valerie G.
on 8/17/15 10:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

So, you've proven to yourself that you cannot get long term results with RNY, even with increased restriction.  How much do you know about these procedures to determine that taking away the little malabsorption that you have and increasing the size of your pouch is going to give you better results?  I highly recommend looking at the Duodenal Switch.  It has a sleeve stomach with much more malabsorption than your RNY had, so it gives your metabolism a real kick in the pants.  

Some people just need MORE than restriction.  It sounds like you may be one of them.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Gwen M.
on 8/17/15 3:04 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

All the exercise in the world isn't going to help your outrun a bad diet.  

If you aren't now, start tracking everything you eat with something like MyFitnessPal.  That will show you where you're going wrong and what you need to modify.  Especially since you still have the RNY, correct?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Hislady
on 8/17/15 5:05 pm - Vancouver, WA

I agree with Gwen and Val, die is far more important than exercise, 1700 calories is more than most eat in maintenance, and the DS is probably the surgery you should have started with. You need to find a revision surgeon not just any surgeon if you find one that can do a real DS not the SADI which is a faker DS and doesn't work as well as a true DS. A revision surgeon will have to take down the RNY then turn that into a DS, it can be done but it is a very difficult and lengthy surgery. 

I would also strongly urge you to get into some therapy if you aren't already in it. This usually tends to help the more difficult cases have more mental tools to work the surgery to its best! Quite often there are emotional issues that need to be dealt with for many of us to be successful with our chosen surgery. Best of luck to you, just make sure you have a revision surgeon to do all this, they are most experienced with this surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics