1 year update

Curves-r-us
on 8/16/15 4:37 am

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to drop by and say hi 

My 1year surgiversary came and went on Aug 11. I have been at goal for about a month or so a d I feel wonderful. I have not become an excercise fiend like some of you (i am so envious of you!) but i do follow the golden rules. 

I have 't had a drop of soda in a year and quite frankly, i don't miss it. I weigh my food and eat protein first. I wait half hour after meals to drink and i am drinking on average 70oz of water per day. I feel gross if i drink less than 50oz. I've never been much of an alcohol drinker so that's not a real issue for me.

It is worth mentioning that I am also on OH daily. I think that helps me keep focus.

The tough part? Snacking at work and for some reason it's getting harder and harder to say. no to the food-pushers. I know i have to be in control of that. At times, i feel sorry for myself because i want to eat that slice of pizza or have an ice cream cone, but it passes. At times i get upset because i'm eating something delicious and healthy and i want to eat more but my stomach won't let me.

Another thing that bothers me and i don't know if others feel this way, but I find it draining thinking about food all the time! Oh well...  Mind you, I'll take that anytime over aches and pains, pre-diabetes, etc. this journey is not easy by any means.

Shopping is most definitely enjoyable again; going from a tight 18-20 to a size 4-6. Clothing looks good and with the help of some stylish friends, i added pieces to my wardworb i wouldn't have imagined myself doing a year ago. I have more self confidence, not tons (long standing issues) but i'm working on it. 

Overall, that's what my journey is looking like so far, this early in the game. 

Here's to the next year! 

Elsie

Carpe diem 

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 8/16/15 5:43 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Congratulations on your year. I have been going through a lot of this same stuff, but I guess if we stick to the plan we all will go through it. I just posted almost the same things in my blog 5 minutes ago. Lol. Damn food pushers...I used to be one. 

Again great job and congratulations on your continued success. 

Eric

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Gwen M.
on 8/16/15 6:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Congrats on your success!  

I don't feel that I think about food all the time, actually.   I think about it when I'm meal planning (both for the week and then for the day), but other than that, I really only think about food when I'm eating or cooking.  

I am more aware of all the food advertising, which is a drag since there's SO MUCH OF IT, but I don'****ch TV often and only DVRd stuff, so it's not too bad for me.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

psychoticparrot
on 8/16/15 6:36 am

Thanks for the reminder that for most of us here, food will always be an issue we'll have to struggle with, whether at high weight or at goal. It's a good reality check to know that reaching goal does not mean the end of the struggle. I've suspected that maintenance may be as challenging as the losing phase; your post confirms it. 

But it's also good to know that you're enjoying your new life, new clothes and self-confidence and and all. And that your continuing issues with overeating are troubling, but controllable.

I completely understand the problem of work-place food pushers. Even if they don't urge you to "have some," the leftovers are there, calling out to you. You can keep your home snack-free, which is what I do, but that's impossible at work. I'm so glad I'm retired and don't have that particular problem.  But others will arise. Like you, I'll deal with the as they appear.

Thanks for the update. And the best to you as you begin another healthy year.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Sarah M.
on 8/16/15 10:10 am - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
VSG on 01/19/15

Congrats and thanks for the update!  I wonder what the year one mark will bring for me - your post keeps me moving forward!!  Thank you!

VSG 1/19/15 | HW: 262 | SW: 255 | CW: 146 (3/20/16)

KayDeeCee
on 8/16/15 10:58 am
VSG on 01/26/15

Congratulations on reaching Goal and your one-year Surgerversary!! And thank you for the report on what you are experiencing at this point in your journey. :-)

5'7" HW 256 (1/6/2014) SW 236.2 (VSG: 1/26/2015) CW 165.5 (01/10/2016) Total Weight Lost 90.5
Pre-Op: -19.8; Month 1: -19; Month 2: -12.7; Month 3: -9.9; Month 4: -7.2; Month 5: -6.4; Month 6: -2.8; Month 7: -3.7; Month 8: -4.2; Month 9: -0.6; Month 10: -2.1; Month 11: -0 Month 12: -2.1

GOALS: BMI Normal = 159 (6.5 to go); 100 LBs Lost = 156 (9.5 to go); FINAL GOAL: 139?? (26.5 to go)

Most Active
Recent Topics