8 days until surgery

leddy
on 8/17/15 3:35 pm - Round Rock, TX
with

I'm scheduled for the VSG surgery on 8/25, I've been on my diet for a week today and the first few days were torture, headaches and just not feeling well.  Day 6 I started feeling much better and even more so today.  I'm probably making it harder than it has to be because I'm even counting the carbs in vegetables to make sure I don't go over my 30 allowed a day.  I'm not nervous yet because I've concentrated on the Pre-Op diet and preparing for the Post-Op diet and supplement requirements and have purchased just about everything I need.  I only know 1 person who has gone through the surgery and don't really get to talk to them much, I'm hoping being a part of OH will help to get information and have an outlet when I don't feel like talking to the people closest to me.  I'm excited for this journey, wish me luck.

E_Saenz
on 8/17/15 8:01 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I had a headache the first three days it was aweful

Elia Maria Saenz

Neesie57
on 8/17/15 9:10 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I was on liquids for two weeks before surgery, and the first few days were rough.  I not only had a headache, I had zero energy.  It does get better.  I never had that burst of energy they said I would have, but I felt pretty good after day four.

Good luck.  It's not easy, but will all be worth it.

Sandra F.
on 8/18/15 5:56 am

For me, the pre-op was the worst part of the process.  Surgery itself was no picnic either but once you get through both, it will get better.  A lot of people regret the surgery in the beginning and I in fact felt like crap for the first month after surgery, but it got so much better and I feel better now than I have in 20 years.  Just keep this in mind.  Good luck to you!

Most Active
Recent Topics