Day 6 Post Op

DRMackie
on 8/17/15 2:29 pm - Independence, MO

just want to say hello to all of you and that I'm finally starting to get the hang of liquid meals and a lot of pain. Trying to not use the pain mess as much as in the beginning but I am needing it once or twice after I wake up and before I take it when I go to bed. How much time are you all taking away from your jobs? I can do a few things around the house without lifting and then I'm worn out. 

Kathy S.
on 8/17/15 2:37 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kelly L.
on 8/17/15 2:56 pm

Welcome to the losers bench!   I wasn't working when I had my sleeve. 

GoBlueGirl1998
on 8/17/15 3:10 pm - MI

Congrats on your surgery! You'll find a variance of how much time people took off. Do what's right for you and how you feel. I took 5 days off from work, but I don't do physical work.

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

DRMackie
on 8/17/15 4:09 pm - Independence, MO

I'm in my office one day a week and Telework from home the rest of the week. I'm blessed for that. I however have to transfer in/out files for said Telework and they can be heavy. I' decided to take 8 post op work days to recoup. I'll go in next Monday to get files and do what I can and hopefully work 4-6 hours each day at home. I have a lot of back pain possibly from sitting still more than I'm used to. I get up at least 6 times a day and walk around. Surgery site pain is ok. I think it's mostly muscle pain I'm feeling. I'm better each day. I will have lifting assistance at the office as well as here at home so I will be compliant with post surgery rules. 

Alison B.
on 8/17/15 7:40 pm - ROSEVILLE, MN
VSG on 05/28/15

My surgical team recommended four weeks. They also said that it wouldn't necessarily take four weeks to start to feel well, but that the time would allow me to become familiar with the eating/drinking requirements. The time people actually take off work seems to vary widely, and some people seem fine with returning to work in one to two weeks. I'm glad I had that time off, though. It took me a while to start feeling my energy level return and not feel so tired. 

I wish you a speedy and uncomplicated recovery : ) 

Height: 5'10" HW: 264.4 Bariatric information session 1/21/15. Insurance approves VSG 4/30/15. Surgery date 5/28/15.

Most Active
Recent Topics