Feeling discouraged

Dan1962
on 8/16/15 1:29 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

You have set out on an incredible journey.  There will be highs and lows.  If you stay true to your plan you will succeed.  I had to keep reminding myself what I used to eat vs what I now eat.  Its impossible not to lose weight.  This is emotional and its hard to be logical but its what got me through.  Stick with it and good luck!

yvonnaj
on 8/16/15 2:27 pm
VSG on 08/03/15

Your right its very emotional but, I have to take it one day at a time.

psren13
on 8/16/15 2:06 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

There will be several "stalls" along the path to better health and lower weight as long as you keep to the plan.   My weight (as many many people) follows a stairstep pattern.  But... I have pretty much kept to the plan, not 100% but at least 95%.  I have managed to get down from pre-surgery of 249 and post-op of 237 to 176.8.  (VSG 3-11-15) I am an older person so harder to lose weight, but I am determined and I know that it will all eventually work out.  I too like most got a little freaked out with the stall (which is only actually a "pause" because a stall is about a month or so) so early in the journey.  I too thought "is this going to work for me?  Will I fail this as other "diets"?  But this is not a diet, it is a true lifestyle change.  You have to really look at what you are eating, carbs and proteins to the most part.  And be honest with yourself.  And know that it WILL work.. Just keep on keeping on.  You will get there.  Good luck.  We are all behind you 100% if you should need any thing.

yvonnaj
on 8/16/15 2:25 pm
VSG on 08/03/15

Thank you so much. You made me feel so much better.

poolside
on 8/16/15 2:50 pm

It's really common to stall sometime in the first two months after your surgery. It's a good idea not to weigh yourself too often during your healing stages. Sodium levels, water weight, internal and external healing, and other factors make your weight super unpredictable right now so trusting the scale is a mistake-it's gonna lie to you! If you can, try to just focus on getting your liquids in and learning your body's new signals. You have plenty of time to weigh in when you're taking in real food with real caloric impact. 

Most Active
Recent Topics