I cant tollerate any kind of meat

Ahmadk
on 8/15/15 5:37 am

as i mentioned i cant tollerate any kind of meat. I am in my pureed stage. I am taking yogurt and labneh. Any ideas for a substitue for meat. I am supposed to take 90 gram daily 

thanks for you support

gwen41539
on 8/15/15 12:18 am, edited 8/15/15 12:19 am - kimper, KY

Beans but they might cause gas protein shakes are still ok too are u taking tiny bites no bigger than your pinkie nail and chewing it to oblivion??? Eat very slow i wouldnt give up on meats maybe your eating to fast if i dont take tiny bites and eat slowly i cant tolerate a lot of meats and im one month out and just started phase 4

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Gwen M.
on 8/15/15 7:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

In my pureed stage I was still having two protein shakes a day for 60 grams of protein.  Eggs are always a good option - hard boiled eggs puree nicely.  Super soft scrambled eggs work well, but they've got to be soft.  You can always throw in a wedge of laughing cow cheese to help keep them creamy.  

Yogurt, cottage cheese, beans.  

Why can't you tolerate meat?  Are you actually pureeing it with a blender?  Or just trying to chew it up a lot?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Smallbites2015
on 8/15/15 11:25 am

I had a pretty bad experience with meat as well.  Haven't touched it since.  And the eaten a lot of beans cottage cheese cheese and eggs until I'm ready to introduce my quinoa and buckwheat back into my diet . 

I meet with the dietitian next week and I'm excited to have so many questions .  

Still soft foods and really ready to introduce some vegetables and fruit back into my diet 

It can be done 

diane S.
on 8/15/15 12:32 pm

don't worry, you will get there, don't ru**** i used to poach a chicken breast and grind it up in the food processor.  then i would put a spoonful of ground up chicken in a cup of chicken broth.  that works pretty well as the chicken was pre chewed.   if you are still in mushy phase don't be in too big a hurry to do meats.  d

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Ahmadk
on 8/15/15 1:20 pm

Thabk you all for the advice. Actually my problem is in the texture of it when it get pured. I still cant get bites i put all of the food in the processor. Can i do it through lentil and yogurt ? To take the amount of protien i need?? I am still having 125 ml of protien which is half the protein shake portion.

Donna L.
on 8/15/15 6:02 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I had some trouble with pureed and I just stuck with high protein liquids for longer.  It's probably best to ask your doctor.  

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

psychoticparrot
on 8/16/15 6:52 am

Tofu is a complete, high-quality protein. Now, don't say, "eeewwwwww"; hear me out. If prepared properly, tofu is an extremely nutritious AND delicious way to get your protein. There are hundreds -- thousands -- of recipes on the Internet for tofu. You're not ready yet to eat most of them, but there are soup recipes than can be pureed. Give tofu a try. It's like opera -- it's not as bad as you think; it can't be.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-fa vorites/quick-easy/tofu-recipes/more

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Valerie G.
on 8/17/15 10:35 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The thought of pureed meat makes me want to gag myself.  I would also be looking to dairy and legumes.  Egg custard made with a SF sweetener went down easily as did ricotta cheese.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics