I'm sorry I'm not feeling very social

E_Saenz
on 8/14/15 7:55 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

All I want to do is sleep every bone in my body hurts my abdomen is swollen and i feel terrible i did manage to drink an entire muscle milk and some water today I don't even feel like drinking at all.  I've had to force myself to drink there is a first I'm not hungry.

Elia Maria Saenz

murphyjo
on 8/14/15 8:11 pm

Awe...hang in there! Drink, walk, and rest...then drink some more!  A re admission for dehydration would suck... You can do this, I'm counting on you to pave a path😉

psychoticparrot
on 8/14/15 8:44 pm

Although there are many accounts on this site about how quickly some posters bounced back from surgery, there are plenty of less-than-hoped-for recoveries. You just had major surgery. It's not unusual to feel awful after major surgery. It may be a while before you feel like yourself again. One day, one hour, one minute at a time, if necessary. Force the liquids down. Dehydration is your biggest enemy now.

You will feel better. It just may take a bit longer than you hoped.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Lissa_ND
on 8/14/15 9:41 pm
VSG on 09/02/15

Aww, hang in there! Things will get better. Focus on tha****er for right now. Just check in and let us know how you are when you feel up to it!

Age 37 starting weight 301lbs, 5'6. VSG and Gallbladder removal September 2nd 2015

NikkiL2015
on 8/14/15 10:09 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Sending prayers for healing and comfort your way!

Neesie57
on 8/14/15 10:12 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I'm so sorry Elia, .  I had it rough the first 4 or 5 days, and cursed myself for having it done.  I'm 10 days out and feel so much better already.  If it weren't for my daughter staying with me the first few days I would not have gotten the liquids in.  She kept telling me to drink, drink, drink.  A couple of times I wanted to punch her, but I knew she was right.

We all want the best for you, and hope that you feel much better soon.  In the meantime drink, drink, drink.

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/15 12:45 am

I'm so sorry that you're feeling terrible! I know it will get better. Be patient and give yourself at least a week to two weeks to feel back to yourself.

Now, tough love: you NEED TO STAY HYDRATED! I don't care if you don't feel like drinking anything, just do it. I say this because I have seen first hand what has happened to two people I know post WLS (one VSG, the other RNY) when they did not stay hydrated. One of them passed out right in front of me after going delirious. It was scary as all hell. Luckily, we were in a support group at the hospital. He was whisked away and taken to the ER. He was so dehydrated they admitted him for a few days.

The other guy was also admitted to the hospital and spent several day in the ICU. He was so dehydrated and had been for many days. His kidneys started to shut down. That was a tough road to return from, but he did.

So, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE drink water - at least 4 oz every single hour you are awake. 8 oz of water per hour would be even better, but may not be doable quite yet. You can absolute do 4 oz every hour. So get it done!

Congrats on your surgery! And welcome to the other side!

kranky813
on 8/15/15 4:23 am
VSG on 08/20/15

I am so sorry to hear this!! I like everyone else will repeat.... DRINK DRINK DRINK!!! You will get better it just takes your body time to adjust. but please drink. 

Surgery Date: 8/20/2015 - CW 233 - GW 140

iloveravens
on 8/15/15 6:38 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Very normal.  I had a rough start too.  It took me 2 weeks to actually feel normal.  Keep sipping and walking. Every day gets a little better than the last.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

gwen41539
on 8/15/15 7:39 am - kimper, KY

I had a tough start too im a month out just now feeling ok....if you have to take anti nausea meds then drink ...i had to get my crystal light very cold icy even to drink it ...force yourself this too shall pass hang in there you got this!!!! 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics