Update! And 9 Weeks out and stalling ?? (slightly tmi)

thefuture2015
on 8/11/15 7:57 pm

HI Heather,

Thank you soo much for your post..I am 8 weeks out 2 days ago.. We are so parallel in our journey.  I have been trying my best to eat dense protein..I am doing the same. Cheese sticks. Protein shakes..I have gone up and down 3lbs for over one month.. I am so disappointed and depressed at this point.

I am going to my support meeting on Thurs so hopefully I will get some answers.. I don't want to share how I feel with my friends and family cause I don't want them to give me the "I knew you shouldn't do it. I feel like I had my body mutilated for 20 something lbs.  Everyones says just take it slow.. it will happen but I do not think it is going to change for me. I think I am at my set point and this is where my body wants to stay.. ugghh.. again thanx for sharing so truthfully..if ok I would like to add you as a friend and check in from time to time..Rae

Raeb

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/15 8:11 pm

Whoa we do have very similar journeys so far!  I know the first week I dropped so much weight in fact it was 18 lbs in 7 days.  Then a whole month with nothing happening and barely able to eat more than a bite or two of something. I thought maybe I need more calories and replaced Greek yogurt with ice cream even to see if that would help. I found no magic formula and I was also ashamed to share my struggle. I felt depressed and regretful. After all VSG was supposed to be the ultimate final step and key to my happiness.  During my month long stall my clothes were getting lose and my family and friendS said they noticed a difference. They'd asked how much I lost each time I saw them but there was no change and it was still just the 18 lbs.  After much stress and worry I finally saw the scale drop down 4 lbs overnight!  It was right after my period and a weekend with a lot of activity. I am now only seeing about a 2 pound loss each week now. It's really hard for me because I'm almost obsessed with following before and after pics on instagram and online and I want to be them so bad. I know I have to just keep eating right, get in more activity and just let this happen. It won't be overnight and it won't be easy but the scale is moving down and I know yours will too. Baby steps. This wasn't all for nothing. Look forward to being friends and support : )

GoBlueGirl1998
on 8/11/15 7:39 am - MI

9 weeks out is too early to be in the habit of not weight or measuring your food! I'm 9 months out and I still measure and weigh food! You're doing well, but stick to the plans and do your part!! If you follow the directions you will succeed!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

LeAnn B.
on 8/11/15 8:19 am - OH

I am in the habit of measuring just this past weekend I was in a funk. I guess I'm the only one who has a bad few days! 

GoBlueGirl1998
on 8/11/15 8:31 am - MI

Funks happen to everyone!! Good luck and hope you're out of it soon!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

thefuture2015
on 8/12/15 6:16 pm

HI Gobluegirl,

Do you think you could give me a sample of your food for a couple of days.. I would appreciate it

Raeb

Most Active
Recent Topics