Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? -- Sunday

Gwen M.
on 8/9/15 7:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Dinner ended up not happening yesterday since we had such a late lunch!  I'll make this prime rib some day.. hopefully tomorrow since tonight is a yoga seminar so I can't devote that much time to making dinner.  

I'm feeling totally run down and wiped out from everything that's gone on in the last month.  I skipped taking a walk this morning and just slept.  I can't sleep in tomorrow, but I think I'll try to sleep in again on Tuesday.  Clearly I need to give my body a chance to recover from everything I've put it through.  And in a way that doesn't involve actually getting sick!  

1: frankenshake
2: protein shake
3: grilled chicken caprese salad

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: 85 minutes yoga (kundalini chakra immersion and meditation class)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/15 7:14 am

If your body is telling you to rest then you need to. You have been running ragged and sleeping in is not a bad thing.

B:Ricotta and egg white pancakes with added vanilla protein powder

L:Salad with crab meat

D:Filet with broccoli

Vitamins are in and I have drank 40oz of water so far. 

I am hoping to go out to the light house and walk around. Maybe climb the stairs to the top. 

Donna L.
on 8/9/15 7:47 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I probably should have eaten more.  I also only drank 50 ounces today, counting the protein shakes.  I'm having so much trouble drinking for some reason.  I also apparently start having GERD by around 2-3pm (I think the PPI wears off by then) so I will talk to the surgeon.  For now, I've just been taking a tums.  I feel like I'm not eating enough, but I'm not really hungry since I'm still just shy of 6-7 weeks out.

1. Atkins shake.

2. Protein isolate powder + water and a squirt of Mio

3. 1 ounce sharp cheddar & 1 ounce canned chicken (plain, with the cheddar)

4. 1.5 cups of chicken soup (over two hours)

Snack: 1 string cheese

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

poplargreys
on 8/9/15 8:39 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

B - was going to do protein coffee... but our beloved coffee maker died, so I had a few forkfuls of chipotle turkey salad. Regretted it instantly. Four and a half months post op and I still have problems tolerating solids in the morning!

L - bought a new coffee maker, so I had my protein coffee! 4oz Fairlife milk, 8oz coffee, 1 scoop Isopure Espresso powder. 

S - tried some Kay's Naturals protein cookie bites. Not worth the carbs, they absolutely shredded my mouth. Ouch.

D - Chicken Ranch Burger patty (ground chicken, cubed cheese and ham, with a packet of ranch dressing mix added in) and some sauteed bell pepper and onion on top.

W - 90 ounces already, planning another 24oz cup before bed

V - done

E - 11kilometers with the dogs, broken into two walks/jogs. Could have gone longer on our afternoon walk but my new shoes aren't all the way broken in yet and I didn't want to blister.

Most Active
Recent Topics