Approved!!! Surgery 9/3

Nikki_Thomas
on 8/9/15 6:18 am
VSG on 09/03/15

After a year of testing, and changing my mind half a dozen times about if this is the right decision for me, I am finally scheduled for surgery. I feel like I am information over load. I'm nervous that after surgery when I am finally sent home that I'm going to have no idea what to do. I have lists of information on what to eat and what not to eat, and how frequent and how much I should be eating, but I'm terrified of getting sick from eating, and drinking too little or on the other end of it, eating, and drinking too much which will lead to stretching. I have a great support system that I'm trying to educate on my procedure so they can keep me in check and much as myself. 4 more weeks. Yikes! 

HW:312 Pre-op Visit: 298 CW: 269  

Ready2goNOW
on 8/9/15 6:32 am

Hi & Congratulations!

I hope to be a few weeks behind you.

I had my last dietician & nurse appointment this past week. I am also feeling the 'information overload!' Thankfully I have my binder full of information & the nurse gave me a week to week post surgery plan of what I should be eating & doing. But still, it is overwhelming me. I want to do this right and definitely avoid anything that could lead to a setback or complication...like not getting enough protein or water in.

I have to keep reciting my new mantra...'one day at a time!' I didn't come this far to screw it up. It will take time, but I am assuming it will fall into place within a few weeks. Plus, we always have these boards w/all the vets for advice. They are my main support system. My family needs to work along with me, but ultimately this is on me.

Best of luck & keep us posted! this time next year we will be feeling awesome & posing for Vogue! (Haha...not in my case, but fairytales never hurt, right?)

Kathy

suzyq584
on 8/10/15 2:25 pm

Yay You!!!!!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics