Something that really bothers me!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/15 4:52 pm
VSG on 09/29/14

What really bothers me is when someone asks about when should they start drinking alcohol and freaking righteous people start preaching about how you shouldn't drink and how you can have fun without drinking!!! Come on guys we are all adults here! Stop with the preaching, if you don't have an educated or helpful answer don't say crap!!! That's what church is for.

NikkiL2015
on 8/7/15 5:58 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

I was agreeing with you right up until the last comment you made. "That's what church is for."  I grew up in a rather religious home, as my father is a retired minister, and I (before my recent sleeve surgery) partake in an occasional beer or two while out with my friends.  My father even has a beer occasionally.  Everything you said was right on spot, but there was no need to bring the church in to it, ya know.  We are adults, alcohol is a perfectly legal thing as an adult as long as it is not taken to excess and resulting in intoxication.  Jesus even had wine with meals.  Alcohol is not evil, unless you're talking about how much it adds to my stomach and hips LOL.  All things are bad if you take them to excess, I mean aren't we all here because we took food to the maximum?  I agree with you that no one should judge.  However, everyone should preach the true word of God if they so believe! (and I did say the true word of God)  

By the way, this is just my opinion! No offense intended!! Have a great day! Oh ya, my mother waited about 6-9 months before she introduced wine back to her sleeved system!

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/15 6:11 pm
VSG on 09/29/14

My apologies, Please forgive me if I offended you!, and you're right,I will edit my post because not all christians are judgemental I just had some bad experiences. thank you for shining some light on me! @NikkiL2015

NikkiL2015
on 8/7/15 6:25 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Oh No Worries!!! It takes much more than something like that to offend me, I just wanted to chime in my opinion, and I didn't want to agree with your last statement. :) It irritates me when people on this Earth play as our judge and jury as well.  I have been hurt by people in church as well, to the point of not returning for a very long time, however I do love God and know that He is the one I thank everyday for my life.  I do agree with the rest of your post!!!  Please don't feel that you offended me! I'm happy as a peach! Have a wonderful evening!!  BTW I miss terribly having my occasional Tomato Beer! LOL (2 things in one that I can't have right now)

happyteacher
on 8/7/15 5:58 pm, edited 8/7/15 6:22 pm

What really bothers me is when someone asks about when should they start drinking alcohol and freaking righteous people start preaching about how you shouldn't drink and how you can have fun without drinking!!! Come on guys we are all adults here! Stop with the preaching, if you don't have an educated or helpful answer don't say crap!!! 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/15 6:17 pm
VSG on 09/29/14

What I mean by church, is that only God can judge us, sorry if I offended anyone!

Grim_Traveller
on 8/7/15 6:39 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

People receive lots of helpful and educated answers when they ask about drinking shortly after surgery. It has nothing to do with righteousness, preaching, church, or god. Drinking soon after weight loss surgery is a bad idea, period. It's bad for your body, bad for your liver, bad for weight loss. A new study shows that 18% will develop alcoholism after surgery. We have seen lots of really bad things happen with alcohol. People ask the question, they get answers. 

You know what I hate? People that come on to public forums telling people what they should be posting, and how to interact. We're all adults here. We don't need to be told what we should and shouldn't do. If you don't have something positive to add, don't say crap!!!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

tatirod
on 8/8/15 9:02 pm - Toronto, Canada

Hi, I have heard you are very well educated on WLS statistics, studies, etc. I'm keen in learning. Are there any specific journals or resources you would recommend?

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

The Salty Hag
on 8/7/15 12:16 pm, edited 8/7/15 12:17 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

On August 7, 2015 at 4:52 PM Pacific Time, lopezzito wrote:

What really bothers me is when someone asks about when should they start drinking alcohol and freaking righteous people start preaching about how you shouldn't drink and how you can have fun without drinking!!! Come on guys we are all adults here! Stop with the preaching, if you don't have an educated or helpful answer don't say crap!!! That's what church is for.

The people you are referring to here give DO educated and helpful answers. Do they pat hands and placate? Nope. Do they give honest and real help? Yes, yes they do. If someone asks how early they can start drinking...they need to know the dangers in drinking during the weight loss phase. 

Can't you have fun without drinking? I know I can. I know many others who can as well. 

You know what is NOT needed here? Forum nannies-or..in this case I guess it would be a forum manny. 

Edited for one effing wrong letter. Damn you, autocorrect! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Simone13
on 8/7/15 8:10 pm

I replied to a post someone asking about alcohol a few days ago.  I agree with you completely.  Hell it was a question I wanted to ask.  I'm a casual drinker and I got sleeved 3 weeks ago.  So yes I would like an occasional drink so I wanted to know the answer as well but the responses the person received were to judgemental.  Someone told this person she needed seek counseling for even thinking about drinking after the sleeve.  What????  Just crazy!!!  I definitely plan to have one after I heal!!!  Cheers!!

Most Active
Recent Topics