How do you feel not eating much?

diane S.
on 8/4/15 11:27 am

its likely that you won't feel hunger for awhile.  I was hardly hungry at all for months.  had to force myself to get the protein drinks in.  more likely you will feel bad from lack of fluid which you have to work on. gl   its a great journey.   D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/4/15 11:53 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I've never felt shaky for lack of eating after surgery.

Because I focus on eating protein at every meal, my body doesn't have the hunger that carbs would create.  Immediately after surgery, you might feel weak as your body starts to heal.  It amazes me now how little food I really need to eat to survive.  It's the head hunger that remains a bugabear for me.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Nina1119
on 8/4/15 12:50 pm - CA
VSG on 10/22/14

Its really important to eat on a schedule.  If you are super busy, always keep a piece of fruit with you, If you go too long you may feel shaky or light headed, I do still (I'm 9 mos out).  It is so important to sit, and chew your food carefully.  It's the "head hunger" that is difficult.  So much of what you eat is visual.  It seems like so little, but if you sit, chew carefully, and give you body time to register and really taste what you have just eaten, you will notice you aren't hungry and you can pull away from the table.  Most of the time, I don't finish my meal, and I pack up the rest for an additional meal, or for my husband or give it to my dogs.  I don't like to waste food, but I can only eat a small portion.  I'm not going to hurt myself when someone else can enjoy it. 

There is a restaurant I go to (with people at work) and no kidding, I make three complete meals out of one serving.  I order it without rice, without any cheese and sour cream.  I save calories and money.   It's yummy and I have lunch for half the week. 

Surgery Date:  10-22-14, Dr. Monali Misra, Marina Del Rey, CA

Most Active
Recent Topics