So, is it worth it?

frisco
on 8/3/15 8:27 pm

Yay you on 8 !!!!

Hope all is well with you and the hubs !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Tracy D.
on 8/4/15 12:27 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

First of all, with the surgery it was WAY easier to actually lose ALL the weight.  I'd never, ever done that before.  I'd lose some weight, but never ALL of it.  The other thing the surgery does is create a metabolic change in your body so you are utilizing insulin in a more normal way.  This means that your not signaling to store fat every time you eat a bite of food. It also reduces the amount of the hunger hormone in your stomach. Post-op I have never had the crazy, intense hunger I had pre-op. I still have hunger but it's totally manageable.  

All of that has made it simple (not easy, but simple!) to maintain my weight in a comfortable zone.  Something that NEVER, EVER happened pre-op.  Do I still need to do some gut checks and measure and weigh things to make sure I'm not cheating? Sure do!  Do I still log my food daily to hold myself accountable?  Sure do!  Because I'm a food addict and I will LIE, LIE, LIE to myself if I don't do these things.  

I don't see it as a "struggle" or a "fight" to maintain my weight anymore.  I plan my meals/snacks, I log them, I weigh myself daily and make adjustments if the scale starts to climb or my clothes start to feel a little tight.  That's what "normal" people do.  

Is it worth it?  A million times "YES"!  I've literally added years to my life and life to my years - and that's worth everything to me :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics