Surgery next Wednesday

E_Saenz
on 8/5/15 5:59 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I still can't believe it's going to happen I've waited so long and obesity has been a suffering I woulnt wish on my worst enemy.  I'm both nervous and scared mostly because I've failed at every diet in my life while I see from my various friends here it works and maybe I'm that one person it won't work on.  I'm taking the hard way because I can not control how much I eat.  Am I normal?  Is this the way everyone feels when the day comes?  So many things running through my mind I wish i could shut it down.  I am simply in disbelief next week at around 8:30 am I'm gonna be sleeved.  Finally. I know there is gonna be some hard things I will have to deal with but I know in my heart of hearts after 8/12/15 I will never be the same and soon I'm not gonna be super morbidly obese I'm gonna be free from my own prison.  After 33 years.  If you read this you are an angel.  Thanks everyone for all the support and all the advise and for being really cool!

Elia Maria Saenz

suzyq584
on 8/5/15 6:29 pm

Hi, although I'm not close to surgery (I hope to have it in October), I have many of the same concerns you have.  "Will I be the one person this doesn't work on?"  "Will I go back to my old ways?"  "Will I not lose even 50% of my excess weight?"   "Will I be the one that has all of the complications?"  "Will I still be hungry all the time"? On and on and on.....

My plan is to just stay positive.  "This WILL work for me!"  "This WILL finally be the tool I needed in order to lose this weight!"  "I WILL be successful!"  Easier said then done, I know. I am also working on reminding myself that this is not the magic cure-all and that it is going to take a lot of work on my part to make this successful.  I hope to find a therapist to help me work through a lot of these issues.

I have started with little steps that will result in big steps and hopefully help me ease into my new sleeved life.  I am in week 2 of giving up diet coke AND even more impressive (for me), week 2 of giving up fast food!!  I have also tried to increase my water intake but that seems to be the hardest so far believe it or not. 

I've probably given you way more information than you wanted!  :)  Work on replacing the negative talk with positive statements, take small steps toward your new life that make you proud and demonstrate that you CAN do this.

I look forward to hearing all about your experience and following your SUCCESSFUL story!!  :)

E_Saenz
on 8/5/15 7:33 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Thank you I thought maybe I was going crazy I think it's the low carb high protine diet I've been on since the 28th surgery is next Wednesday I'm going through sugar, caffeine and carb withdrawal.  And I'm 6 days from my special aunt visiting me she comes 1x per mo.  But on the up side I lost 12 pounds since the 28th.  I really need to have a food funeral lol!  Just so I can say good bye.

Elia Maria Saenz

Wanda1118
on 8/6/15 2:55 am
VSG on 07/09/14

I think just about everyone here has dieted and failed many times and wonder if the sleeve is really going to work. I know I have tried and failed many many times, so wondering if you would fail at this is a big worry, until you get started and see the weight start dropping off. I am 1 year post op and have lost 100 lbs. Many days it's hard to stay on tract and now that I can eat anything, it's even harder. I go through periods of vomiting everything I eat also. I have found that spicy foods really hurt me, but I keep trying! I am so happy for you that your surgery is soon! Stay positive and remember after surgery to walk, walk, walk and sip, sip, sip!

E_Saenz
on 8/6/15 8:32 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Thanks I am just a little hormonal rights now and am on a rollercoaster of emotion as am every month and just like it was impossible for me to lose all this weight on my own it is impossible for me to fail unless I cause myself to fail.  I am thankful for the advice from I'm lucky to have so many people rooting for me.  

Elia Maria Saenz

spideygirl7133
on 8/6/15 9:48 am

I understand how you feel.  I am scheduled to be sleeved on 8/12 as well (although I am getting a revision from the lap band which I am having removed at the same time).  I am scared to death.  Have I made the right decision, will I fail or will I succeed, can I keep the weight off long-term (I am really more worried about the long term - I believe I will be successful short term)? I am scared that eventrually,  I will want to eat the wrong things and my brain will fail me which will cause me to fail.  My brain is obsessed with every possible thought about the surgery and I cannot concentrate at work and I am having problems sleeping because I can't shut my brain down (basically, I just wish Wednesday would hurry up and come around already so I can get it over with).  But in a word, you are NOT alone.  I wish you luck and you if you want to be 'sleeve buddies' let me know.  

Banded 05/2008, Revision to VSG scheduled 08/12/2015! 

E_Saenz
on 8/6/15 10:33 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

So glad to hear I'm not alone I've been trying so hard to stay positive and it's been hard for me.  I whis Wednsday would hurry up and come too I'm like a kid before Christmas filled with antisipation.

Elia Maria Saenz

Kathy S.
on 8/6/15 11:44 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics