12 Days Post OP

lpshanley
on 8/3/15 10:15 am

If you don't mind me asking what didn't you like about MoM? I seem to to have no real issue with my fluids currently which is really nice. I am really excited for cottage cheese!!!

mickeymantle
on 8/3/15 10:04 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

many  surgeons allow grilled tilopia on the pureed diet( not pureed ) well chewed I skipped the pureed diet my plan does not have it , but started soft food at 2 weeks and allowed any food you could eat , eggs are great

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

lpshanley
on 8/3/15 10:19 am

Im unsure if they are going to have me doing pureed foods or if they are going to move me to a soft food phase because I am healing really well and pretty much have no pain and no issues with protein or fluids! Given some of the recipes above I think that even if they give me pureed food for 2 weeks ill live. If THATS torture chain me to the wall! I can see the light at the end of the no food tunnel and OMG is it bright! Its hard to imagine that its been nearly 1 month since I have eaten anything solid!

125jfo
on 8/3/15 5:14 pm

Hi, I am a newbie one week post op today.  MOM in a half dose worked great for me.  My plan called for 3 protein shakes a day post op and 3   1-2 oz pureed foods.  I was able to use FF greek yogurt but no pieces of fruit in it, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, thinned oatmeal, and grits.

I found oatmeal to be the most satisfying.  I have not had issues with getting my protein and fluid requirements in thankfully.

My surgeon was Dr. Jamal Farhan with Hurley Bariatric Clinic I. Flint, Mi.  Their program was extensively thorough and requires a two week liquid diet before surgery.  Weeks 1 and 2 post op are what I am following now.  I will see the surgeon Wednesday for my fisrt post op visit.

Shakes and water were getting a little boring so I introduced reduced sodium chicken broth as one of my liquid servings and and it was nice to have a hot drink that I didn't need a sweetener with.

Hang in there!

Cardamom
on 8/4/15 9:31 am

at 3 weeks post op i am really enjoying Tuna with avocado (very well mixed) and a speckle of garlic salt instead of mayo.  It has more healthy fats in it

SW:218 Surgery Weight: 204 on 7/20 M1:178.5 (-25.5) M2:164.5 (-14) M3:151 (-13.5) M4:144 (-7) M5:138.8 (-5)  CW:131.6  GW:130

gwen41539
on 8/4/15 9:47 am - kimper, KY

Tilapia is my bff lol loved it before surgery still do 3oz max of anything flavored tuna packets are great and all u need is a fork very portable, also fat free refried beans salsa and cheese the beans arent a gas issue u dont eat enough to cause gas lol ..or i haven't yet..and i ahve no constipation im the opposite so i must be getting in a lot more fluids?? I am not doing shakes maybe why no constipation i hate them ...but alas today im getting some unjury and im going to use it for breakfast everyday ...its the best ive found ...chicken tenderloins are good too in crock pot whole family loves those... or baked with season salt im 3weeks post op today

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Kathy S.
on 8/4/15 11:50 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

ON YOUR SURGERY!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics