when did you add salads back in

Pamela M.
on 8/3/15 1:21 pm - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

I had my first salad at 6 months.  I eat a salad every day for lunch with grilled chicken breast chopped in.  It's yummy!

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Tracy D.
on 8/4/15 12:17 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Like...never.  Seriously, I figured out post-op that most salads are filled with crap we shouldn't be eating anyway.  Lettuce?  A pointless nutrition-less filler.  Takes up valuable real estate that should be filled with protein.  Croutons? Bacon bits? Salad dressing? All unnecessary with zero nutrition.  

Ask yourself what you like about salads.  Is it the protein? Is it the eggs? Is it the other fresh veggies?  You can eat those any time without eating a salad.  I used to like salads too - until I figured out that they are mostly a waste of space in my tiny tummy now.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ChubbyHubby82
on 8/4/15 6:44 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

Be careful with salads and their levels of vitamin K. If you are on coumadin/warfarin...it can mess with INR levels and dosing for the meds. If you have them be consistent with them is what I have been told. 

Most Active
Recent Topics