MY WORST FEAR IS COMING TRUE

grayC
on 7/31/15 5:55 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Although, you should weigh, measure and document EVERYTHING that goes 

into your mouth , take heart.. My first stall was at 3 weeks for 3 weeks...

dont eat any JUNK and by JUNK I mean that frozen yogurt or anything

MARKETED as healthy, low fat or diet friendly..this means protein bars too!! (BIGGEST SCAM!!!!)

even once is too much!!!

tighten up your eating..avoid like the plague any and all carbs,

and most importantly once you do that...stay on course...

believe it or not you are in the honeymoon phase

and take it from us, who are  a couple or more years out

IT.    DONT.      LAST !!!!!!!!

i found that I'm never hungry it's actually bordom,

or my old stress eating habits coming into play.

good luck and keep us posted!!

Pamela M.
on 7/31/15 9:41 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Listen to GrayC - she knows what's she's talking about.  Right on point.  Wish I had taken her advice the last 6 months!  It's never, ever too late to do the right thing.  Good luck.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Tracy D.
on 7/31/15 10:36 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'll keep this short and sweet: 

1. Dump the chips (I don't care what kind), hummus and frozen yogurt. Same goes for every other carb that isn't yogurt or veggie. 

2.  If you don't know how much water you're drinking then you're not drinking enough.  Measure out 80 oz. first thing in the morning and make sure you drink it all by the end of the day.   

3.  Log every bite so you know - without a doubt - that you are getting 80 grams of protein and less than 40 grams of carb per day.  Without fail...every day.  That will probably mean drinking a protein shake every day - not "almost every day". 

If you faithfully do #1-#3, you will lose weight.  The weight loss surgery won't fail you...but you can certainly fail your surgery.  And you are already doing some things at less than 2 months out that are sabotaging your success.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

FWTX131
on 7/31/15 11:49 am - Fort Worth, TX
VSG on 10/22/14

Hummus has carbs too.  It has protein, but not as much as other sources.  Dense protein is the trick to maximizing the sleeve's potential.

thefuture2015
on 7/31/15 5:26 pm

thank you all for your input.  The past two days have been much better.  I will refer back to this as needed.

Raeb

E_Saenz
on 7/31/15 5:44 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

If you want yogurt greek yogurt is higher in protine and use an ice tray and freeze it in the freezer better than the sweet stuff on the street

Elia Maria Saenz

carpink72
on 8/1/15 6:42 am - East Orange, NJ

As a nine year post-op patient, I would have to say that this is the top question on every newbies list.  You are only two months post op.  Are you  following up with your surgeon?  Like the other post have stated, are you following the diet guidelines that your surgeon has given you?  Don't want to sound harsh, but it doesn't sound as though you are.  You need to be focusing on drinking at least 64 ozs of water daily, exercising, eating protein  and taking your supplements.   My suggestion to you would be to start Journaling daily to see what it is you're doing and talk to your surgeon.  

White Dove
on 8/1/15 7:42 am - Warren, OH

First, you will not be the first VSG failure.  The surgery is only a tool and there are many failures.  You need to follow the diet plan and learn to eat the foods that will let you lose the excess weight and maintain the loss.  It is very easy to eat the wrong foods and to not lose your weight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics