A Month Out - Feeling Great But Weird (Rant)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/31/15 8:39 am

Rudeness these forums are well known for? More that you are convinced you have the problem well in hand and the rest of us don't know diddly squat.

Grim gave you a thoughtful, reasoned response, and you got your ass on your shoulders. There is a vast difference between someone being rude and someone pointing out that the path you are on is not likely to lead where you wish. Those of us who have been here for awhile see patterns. The pattern you are following doesn't contribute to success.

It is a pretty myth that after surgery we can just do what we did before, but in smaller portions. Moderation in everything doesn't usually work well, since most of us do moderation about as well as sex addicts in *****houses. Justify it all you want, but drinking two glasses of wine at three weeks out is a problem.

Most doctors have very little nutrition training. I listened to my doctor, but I also considered what successful wls vets had to say. My surgeon is an excellent cutter, but he has never been obese.

But carry on as you will. You don't want to even consider any advice that is the slightest bit contrary to what you want to do.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

FuturePinUp
on 7/31/15 8:57 am

For starters, I don't have a problem. I am doing great and excelling on my journey. My post was merely intended to see if anyone else had a similar experience. If I thought the people here didn't know "diddly squat" I wouldn't have posted to begin with and/or taken great suggestions from other helpful people *****plied.

And no, sweetie, I didn't get my "ass on my shoulders." Grim's response was not applicable to me because 9/10 things mentioned in it were things I am already doing! It seemed to me that perhaps my posts weren't read if someone would comment just to tell me something I already mentioned several times that I am already doing and being successful with, earlier in the post.

Once again, I have completely altered my life and diet with this surgery, and am doing great! I am also not trying to "justify" drinking 2 glasses of wine. I again wrote that I acknowledge my cheat and moved on. My defenses were simply put out there when others harped on it as if I murdered a small puppy or admitted that for the past week have been eating cake for breakfast. My God!

When I refer to "my doctor," I am actually referring to my whole WLS team - whi*****ludes nutritionist (who specializes in WLS), surgeon, physician, psychiatrist, endocrinologist, etc. Once again, I choose to listen to my medically qualified team. Along with that, I read countless of experiences on here and other sites I am active on. Their journeys and experiences make me feel better about where I am. There are several very active posters on here who I am taking my cues from and their successes have been amazing.

Your generalizations about how I "don't want to even consider any advice that is the slightest bit contrary to what you want to do" is completely off-base considering that I have taken advice willingly in this post and others. Just don't give me "advice" that involves a lack of reading comprehension, and then throw a snarky response when I try to spin your response into something that actually resembles something relevant to my life.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/31/15 9:20 am

Do whatever you want. You are defensive and quick to tell us how we are misinterpreting everything. My reading comprehension is just fine, and I didn't get snarky.

You are behaving like a lot of other people we have seen over the years. You post, people give reasoned responses, then you get upset and say they are wrong or are not correctly reading and interpreting what you are saying. You've gone back and forth on this thread about what you do.

No one responded as if you 'murdered a small puppy' in reference to your wine consumption. But wine that early out is a problem, and you don't see it. That is what people are trying to convey.

If you want handpatting, say so. It is kinder for people to tell you they see a potential problem, but you interpret it as an attack or snark.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

FuturePinUp
on 7/31/15 9:38 am

Oh, the reading comprehension and snark comment was directed to Grim's response, not yours. 

Again, at no point did I get upset until the one response that felt the need to tell me what I already posted I am aware of and doing, in my previous responses. As you can see, my other responses were thanking the users for their input, suggestions, etc. Perhaps I should have included a more detailed description of my whole plan from the get-go, but I didn't assume it would become such a contested topic. I answered when asked and tried to provide as much info as possible. The fact of the matter is that I am making great progress in my journey by already undertaking lifetime changes and having consistent losses. No one can knock me off that high.

What part of the drinking wine thing being a problem don't I see, exactly? I DO see it as not being OK and don't plan on repeating that bad decision (which again I pointed out once it was brought up). I am going to wait and see where I am at 3 months out, when my Nutritionist advised I can start drinking all non-sugary and non-carbonated alcohol.

And at no point did I construe anything as an attack or snar****il Grim's post which came off rude and ill-informed. It doesn't come off as being helpful if all you're going to do is tell me what I already mentioned I do. 

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/31/15 5:57 pm - OH

Sorry, but your surgeon being excellent doesn't have squat to do with the side effects you might or might not have OR how successful you will be! 

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

KathyA999
on 8/1/15 5:58 pm

So just in response about the acid issue.  You're right, acid can mimic hunger.  But neither Pepcid nor Zantac is a PPI, they're in a class called H2 inhibitors.  Basically they neutralize acid after it has developed, and sometimes you can get a bounceback effect from them, meaning the acid is even worse.  PPIs prevent acid from forming in the first place. 

I went thru four PPIs before finding one that worked long-term.  Each one would work for 2-3 months, then the acid would start coming back.  The fourth one, Protonix, works well.  Supposedly PPIs all work the same, but *people* are different, LOL, so it might take you a bit to find one that works well for you.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

FuturePinUp
on 8/1/15 7:34 pm

That is good to know so thank you! I thought it was kind of weird that I was getting "hunger" growls from my tummy right after surgery! I will speak to my doctor!!

Most Active
Recent Topics