Stomach pain and nausea

tstoked12
on 7/25/15 6:39 pm

I am almost seven weeks post op, and the past week my stomach pain and nausea has been pretty severe.  I always have some degree of upset stomach/nausea, but it's just been tenfold this week.  I haven't been able to get much down because of it.  Anyone with similar issues around my recovery period?  I still have not incorporated solid foods in my diet so haven't changed anything dietary wise, so I know it's not that.  I was just wondering if it's normal before I call my doctor and schedule an appointment.  I had surgery in Mexico so I do not have a bariatric doctor I can see.  Just my regular physician who isn't too well versed in the procedure.  Thanks friends!  Just trying to see what's normal and what is not.   

rocky513
on 7/25/15 7:46 pm - WI

Are you getting at least 64 ounces of fluid daily?  Dehydration can cause wicked nausea.  

What kind of stomach pain?  Could it be gas pain?  Could you be lactose intolerant?  Lactose can cause gas pain, nausea, and diarrhea.  A lot of people develop an intolerance for lactose after surgery.  Most people with lactose intolerance can eat cheese and yogurt, but not milk.  If you are mixing your protein powder with milk, you can switch to almond milk, soy milk, or cashew milk and see if you improve.  Make sure your protein supplement is whey isolate only.  If your protein contains whey concentrate, it contains lactose.

Maybe you could try eliminating anything with lactose to see if you improve.  

If the pain is severe, see your doctor.  Severe abdominal pain is never normal, but stomach upset is, unfortunately. 

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

tstoked12
on 7/28/15 11:08 pm

I've had stomach discomfort since surgery, but it's just been the past few days it was bad.  I had to break down and go today.  I had a severe UTI from dehydration.  He says sometimes the pain is referred and probably felt like my stomach.  I also have hypocalcemia, which is dangerously low potassium.  I just have to push through to get my liquids and some food down.  I just really hope that my opening isn't too small, or something is wrong with my sleeve.  Loving the results, just feeling a little bad.  

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 7/26/15 7:41 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Are you on any PPi? It could be stomach acid.

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

E_Saenz
on 7/26/15 4:18 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I was gonna go to Mexico back in 2008 but the only reason I didn't was because of the after care.  I really hope everything comes out ok for you.  I finally have insurance that covers my surgery so i don't have to go out of the country I've been waiting over 9years now and in 17 days I'll be sleeved excited for it to be over with.  Congratulations on your surgery I hope you feel better soon.

Elia Maria Saenz

E_Saenz
on 7/26/15 9:04 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Do you still have a gallbladder?  I was sick like that from a huge gallstone.

Elia Maria Saenz

Most Active
Recent Topics