Food processor

smaller 1
on 7/21/15 2:49 pm - OH

i am preparing my grocery list for after surgery and I have a question.  Does a food processor get food smooth enough for the full liquid stage? Or do I need to buy blender?

my doctors list said I can have chicken salad and things like that if fully puréed with added liquid.

thanks in advance!

julie

Julie

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/21/15 3:58 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You'll only be doing full liquids for a week before moving on to purees and mushies. I wouldn't say it's worth buying a blender if this is the only thing you're going to use it for. There are plenty of options for the full-liquid week (cream soup, SF pudding, shakes) that will get you by until you can have non-pureed chicken salad!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

smaller 1
on 7/21/15 4:01 pm - OH

Thank you! I have a small kitchen and not a lot of room for more gadgets!

Julie

NikkiL2015
on 7/21/15 4:09 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Your food processor should be just fine! I just moved to the mechanical soft part of my diet, and of for the liquid and puree section I was using a small personal blender, which wasn't very powerful, so I think you will be fine! I agree don't go buying extras just for that week or two!

psychoticparrot
on 7/22/15 7:24 am

The Hamilton Beach Personal Blender is only $15. It's what I used to get through the pureed stage, and I'm still using it for general cooking when a small portion of something needs to be pureed. If you like smoothies, this little blender will do the job. It even has a travel lid.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics