Has anyone tried Juicing Post op?

woodtouch6
on 7/20/15 10:26 am

I have a juicer and am wondering if anyone has used this a couple weeks after VSG 

happyteacher
on 7/20/15 11:13 am

Not many of us do, but I am an exception. I would recommend you hold off a bit though and let your stomach heal. If you do elect to start, I would also highly recommend that you keep it predominently veggie based juice, and just enough fruit blended to make it tolerable. There is no doubt that incorporating juicing improved my lab work (cancer patient, so my needs are a little different). On the other hand, if you are looking to just make fresh fruit juice that is not a solid approach to your weight loss phase. My juice runs green when prepared to give you an idea of how much of it is green based. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/20/15 12:03 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Juice is nothing but sugar, which is the last thing you need immediately post-op.

You should be eating almost exclusively protein during the weight-loss phase, and drinking calories is going to be counter-productive.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

tanieanie
on 7/20/15 6:30 pm - WI

Please talk to your Doc about this.   Juice as alot of acids and sugars (at least fruit) that are not good for your tummy.  I would suggest staying with what has been proved to work in post op diets.  You need soooooo much protein and little carbs (even fruit and veggie carbs need to be watched.)  

PVail
on 8/4/15 1:30 pm - Warner Robins, GA

I am on day 4 of an all juice fast...down 10 pounds already.

Most Active
Recent Topics