Downside to VSG (Yes there is many)

frisco
on 7/19/15 12:49 pm

Bummer......hope things get better !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kiwideb
on 7/19/15 2:06 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

I have felt guilty about paying for s pedi now I can comfortably reach my toes... Until I actually painted my toes and realize I can't paint my own toes for ****e!

Phew! That's a good enough reason for me to keep going ! 

Kellyrob
on 7/19/15 2:34 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Love the list, except I agree with others about the pedicures. I have no intention on giving them up. My treat to myself now 😀

jeepsportgirl
on 7/19/15 4:47 pm
VSG on 08/10/15

I got a little panicky when I saw the title of your thread - as I just scheduled my surgery date (August 10th). Then I read your post - still giggling! Can't wait to deal with those downsides! :) But for the record - I will still get pedicures! ;)

charminglearner
on 7/19/15 5:40 pm
RNY on 10/27/14

I love this list!  Congratulations!  

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/15 10:46 am

I needed this :)

Today was my last pre-op appt and tomorrow morning starts the 2 week all liquid diet. My nerves have set in since all the 'to-do' list is DONE. I've been lurking here at OH since I started the journey and this is my first post.

Very grateful to have this resource.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/20/15 12:06 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I can add a few!

• Harder time picking out clothes because there's more of a selection and more places to shop
  • Sexytime with the husband is easier, what a drag
  • Have to spend all sorts of money on nifty cycling gadgets since I can ride for hours
  • Nabisco makes less of a profit because I'm not buying Oreos all the time

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

KathyA999
on 7/20/15 6:12 pm

Can you stand a few more?

• I sleep on my side -  with a pillow between my knees for the past four years.  Knees are too bony without it, ugh!
  • Not NEARLY enough closet space.  I not only replaced all my old clothes, I went a bit overboard, LOL.
  • I wear out a pair of walking shoes in six months these days. 
  • My "innie" belly button is REALLY innie now, I need to remember to clean it when I shower. (OK, was that TMI?)

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

StephK10
on 7/21/15 11:55 am

I'm totally with you on the side sleeping thing.  I'm scared I'm going to get pressure ulcers at night!  My bony knees are too much.  :)  

Height: 5'7" HighW: 266 SSW: 253 Surgery date: 11/17/14 CW 165.4

(FIRST GOAL OF 170 REACHED 6/30/15)  NEW GOAL: 159 (BMI of "normal")

M1: 24 M2: 15 M3: 11  M4: 10  M5: 8  M6: 8 M7: 5 M8: 3 M9: 3

tanieanie
on 7/20/15 6:24 pm - WI

I absolutely love these.  I bet we could come up with many more.

Like we dont get to turn sideways when closing the stall door in a public restroom.   

Hostess now makes us decide between table or booth and doesnt automatically give us a table.

We have to make chubby friends just to give our clothes to.  But when they see how easy we did it.  They did it to and the clothes have to be passed on again,  

My big one.  I keep fingering my collar bones.  I didn't even know I had collar bones.  LMAO

Most Active
Recent Topics