Best chocolate high protein low carb shake? 16 months out, need a kickstart again

ColleenInOregon
on 7/18/15 2:37 pm

Hi all!!! I am 16 months out, still fighting late night eating and lack of wanting to exercise. Been at the same weight for 6 months.....Walking/biking? Protein shakes, lots of water and veggies? I need a pep talk and some advice!! 

Oneillch
on 7/18/15 8:17 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

I'm sure others on this site will chime in, but it sounds like you need to get back to basics (weigh, measure & record what you're eating), lower your caloric intake and hydrate. And, at this point, shouldn't you be getting your protein from what you're eating & not shakes? For exercise, find an activity you like to do (I'm still trying to do that). Late night eating is tough. I have problems with it as well, but I record what I do have & stay away from "evil" carbs. Are there any support groups in your area? If so, go. If this is something you want, you have the tools. Use them & go for it!

Ellie333
on 7/19/15 4:50 am - Canada

Costco - Chocolate Premier Protein Shake (30 gms protein, 5 gms carbs) I mix it up a little and add frozen coffee ice cubes.  I get it, it is such a struggle every day and for me more so in the evening (snacking).  Sometimes when it gets bad (evening snacking urge) I make a cup of coffee with some sugar free creamer and that helps.  Hope this helps, sometimes it helps just knowing that others understand what you are going through and believe me I understand!  Your post has helped me knowing that I am not alone so thank you for that:)

Ellie

Kristie B.
on 7/19/15 6:24 am - Surprise, AZ

I use GNC 100% Whey.  I'm working on getting back on track after almost 2 years of not following plan and a 30lb weight gain.  I have found that writing down everything I eat (I use myFitnessPal.com) and planning the day out before I eat helps so much. When its time to eat I'm not standing in the fridge or pantry making not so good decisions and it helps me to ensure I get all my protein.  The last couple days I have had to have a 1/2 shake in the evening due to not being able to finish my protein at dinner.  I'm finding that after only a couple days of no soda and being back on track that my restriction is back.  They say to eat your protein first but I find if I do that I'm not getting in anything else at dinner. So I've been doing 2 bites of protein and 1 bite of vegetable.  

Kristie

VSG 12/08/08

RNY 11/09/20

SleevyWonder
on 7/19/15 6:33 am
VSG on 06/19/15

+1 one Premier Protein Chocolate shakes. Costco great way to buy too.

Kelly L.
on 7/19/15 9:47 am

Log all your food in myfitnesspal, that's what I am doing again.   Keeping my calories 1000-1200 and carbs under 40.   I have started swimming again too.   Don't give up!

mswatts
on 7/19/15 4:07 pm

Woww you sound like me I'm 15 months out and the scale has not budged since thanksgiving I got right to 201 and nothing I know I've been doing some things I shouldn't so I'm really trying to see what everyone is saying to do thanks for your post I really needed it

Ready to live my life

VSG on 06/12/13

I have recently become a huge fan of Quest chocolate. It's pretty clean, 100 calories per serving, nice and thick. :)

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

SassyAmy
on 7/21/15 1:25 pm
VSG on 08/05/15

I'm a fan of the Premier Protein Chocolate, but I also really enjoy the Pure Protein in Frosty Chocolate flavor! I just bought a case at lunch for my 2 week pre-op diet that starts tomorrow. 35g of protein, 1 g or sugar, 4 g of carbs per 12-oz can.

ColleenInOregon
on 7/21/15 2:29 pm

Wow, awesome! I will look up where to buy them!

Most Active
Recent Topics