Surgery coming very quick

chubbs54
on 7/15/15 10:38 pm

Hello All,

I just had my pre-op on Monday and surgery will be in 1 1/2 wks the 27th and I am getting very nervous. My husband is afraid for me and doesn't think I should do it. I told him that by doing this it will help other health issues that I currently have and all the pills I will have to take is to keep me healthy and all the others pill were to aid the issues I already have. He has been in all my appts & classes so he has been taking everything in. I just completed the 2nd part of my stress test this morning and all I have to do is wait for my call as of what time to be at the hospital. I was also a little confused by all the messages of liquid diets for two wks the time I have to drink liquids only is the day before surgery. If anyone notices I changed my weight on my tracker because he went by the highest weight that I had in Oct. and lost the 20 lbs from that time on due to my husbands health issues. Please pray for me that all goes well.

LadyLeo32
on 7/15/15 10:58 pm

I am 10 days post-op---down 13 lbs since surgery.  You will experience some pain from gas (I had weird radiating or "referred" pain in my shoulder which is common with laprasopic surgery) and incisions and you will likely gain weight on the scale from swelling before you lose (I was +10 before it all went down), but what I was most afraid of was the immediate regret that people talk about....being aware (and having those in your support network aware) of what may come--short-term regret, emotions from post-anesthia, being irritable--really helps.  My family was not supportive at first but came around by surgery and now they're onboard.  That said, you're doing this for you and for a healthy life.  Truth is, I am walking nearly 5 miles a day and nutritionally doing awesome. Getting my 10,000 steps (love my Fitbit) but also resting and napping when necessary.    I've been off all pain meds for 4 days.  I cried from fear/nerves a bit in the pre-op area day of surgery but now, I have no regret.  Everyone is different but fear is part of the process for everyone.  You are going to do great!  I could have scheduled surgery back in early June but delayed my surgery date four weeks to get to my pre-op weight loss goal and allow myself to really prepare mentally and physically (as well as my supporters).  Anyway, best of luck to you and I'll watch out for your progress!!  🎉😀

Most Active
Recent Topics