1 week, 1 day out from VSG

NikkiL2015
on 7/14/15 4:47 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

So tired of cream soups..... Still on full liquid diet, any suggestions for new ideas of things to have during this time? I had surgery a week ago Monday.  I had respiratory failure and ended up in ICU for 4 days after and then 2 days in a regular room.  I have been home since late Saturday evening.  Anyone have any ideas? Please help....

Bufflehead
on 7/14/15 5:48 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

protein shakes

low sodium V8

Fair Life or CarbMaster milk

Vitamin Water Zero, Powerade Zero, G2

My quick tip, not that you asked: for right now, food isn't entertainment. It really doesn't matter if you are tired of, or bored by, certain kinds of food. Eat for health and nourishment and don't expect to find food entertaining or interesting. Good luck!

Oneillch
on 7/14/15 6:06 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

So sorry to hear that you had such a rough start and hopefully things will go a lot smoother from now on.

Try sugar free jello & sugar free ice pops for a treat. And I liked the Premier Protein shakes, chocolate or vanilla & very cold. Are you permitted yogurt or sugar free pudding? If so, you can mix in a protein powder. Check out Pinterest, Bariatric Foodie, or The World According to Eggface for ideas. Remember to stay hydrated & get in that protein!

AngelaLynn11
on 7/14/15 7:52 pm

Making SF pudding with almond milk or other unsweetened nut milk will keep the carbs MUCH less and contains no sugar.

Angela 

~Banded 7/2007, removal and revision needed.

HW 325; Lap-band 2007; LW 225; GW: 150

TexanSleever86
on 7/14/15 7:34 pm
VSG on 06/17/15

Hi there!  I am 4 wks postop and still mainly on liquids due to intolerances (a whole other story!)

Try some sugar free jello (with unsweetened Vanilla almond milk -  it doesn't set, so it is more like a jello-y shake) with protein powder mixed into the milk prior to mixing it with the pudding mix.  I like using unjury unflavored protein powder with Jello sugar free chocolate fudge and the unsweetened vanilla almond milk.  Check with your doc before using skim milk - some are weird about milk products.  

I also love premier protein shakes (vanilla is my go to) and Isopure.  Isopure has been a LIFE SAVER.  Some of the flavors are very sweet, but you may like them.  Vitamin Shoppe and GNC have a variety pack you can get so you can try some of them.  I like passion fruit, Apple Melon and Lemon Tea (wait on trying the tea flavor until your doctor says it is OK because it is made with actual black tea).  Each bottle of Isopure has 40 g of protein and they went down very easily for me.

Also - I love the Syntrax Roadside Lemonade and Lemon Tea flavors - easy way to mix it up and add some variety.  I went through a phase week 2-3 where EVERYTHING tasted horrible to me and made me gag.  So I went back to clear liquids for 2 days to "reset" and Isopure and Syntrax got me through!

I have been living off protein shakes/drinks, cherry SF jello, and campbell's creamy tomato soup (with unflavored Unjury protein) and chicken soup (strained with Unjury Chicken Soup protein). 

Hope these help!  Good luck with everything!!

5'6"  HW: 264 SW: 252 CW: 173 GW: 150

NikkiL2015
on 7/15/15 12:38 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

I have never heard of some of the things you mentioned, so I'm definitely going to look in to those options!!! Thank you so much!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics