Update : )

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/15 11:21 am - AZ

I haven't been on much, so I just thought I'd give an update : )

I am now 16 months out from surgery and have lost 170 lbs so far! Only 38 lbs to go until I hit my goal : )

It has slowed down A LOT! but I'm ok with that..

I have met a wonderful man and we have been together for a few months now and things are going great! he is very supportive and helps keep me going and staying positive.. He's super active, so that helps get me moving too lol

I have found myself grazing a lot lately, so Im trying to get a hold on that! I haven't gained anything, and I don't want to start... so thats something Im working on.

As far as clothes... I started in a tight size 4x or 28/32 and Im now wearing sizes M-L or 14/16 at this point... I just bought some size 16p skinny jeans!! : 0

Mentally, I still struggle with my loss... I still see myself very large and it's hard to enjoy the new me most days.. the sagging skin everywhere is very upsetting.. and knowing I will not have the money to get it removed, is kind of stressful...

Over all Im very happy with my decision to have VSG and I do not regret it at all... I'll post another before and current pic soon ..

Hope everyone else is doing well : )

AngelaLynn11
on 7/14/15 11:52 am

WTG!  Keep on keeping on! 

I know what you mean about thinking you are still fat.  I have some of my old clothing from when I had lost much of the weight and I can't believe how small they are!  I NEVER thought I was that small.  Its something I will need to work on when I do lose the weight again. 

Angela 

~Banded 7/2007, removal and revision needed.

HW 325; Lap-band 2007; LW 225; GW: 150

Kathy S.
on 7/14/15 12:36 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ipray
on 7/14/15 4:44 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

170 lbs.! That is amazing! You should be very, very proud of yourself! That loss will probably be the most important thing you have ever or will ever do for yourself. It will probably be your finest accomplishment too! Unbelievably wonderful. By the way, my loss has slowed down too. That just means we are getting closer to our goal.  And I still see myself as large too. Another poster previously mentioned that her PCP told her that it usually takes about 18 months after surgery until we start to view ourselves at our current weight. Don't know if that is true or not. Maybe a vet can fill us in.  Keep up the good work! 

Tracy D.
on 7/15/15 6:54 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Fantastic progress!   Try not to stress out about the skin too much yet.  At the age of 53, I saw improvement in the first year after maintenance and with rigorous exercise.  Granted, it didn't do ALL the work (I just got a LBL last week) but if the money had never been there for plastics I could have lived with it.  I hid it in clothes very, very well - no one would have known! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics