TMI question

Emeraldcity02
on 7/13/15 9:05 am

What is going on with me? I had surgery 7/7/15, was in the hospital two nights, when I got home on 7/9::::::BAM period on steroids like you would never believe. It legit walks and talks like the heaviest period day I have ever had in my life but there is blood everywhere. Should I be concerned? I'm down 20 pounds since surgery and I'm not getting in any protein and I'm getting about 20-30 oz of fluid in per day. (I know, I promise, I'm working on it). Also---no abd pain, but I was extremely nauseated in the hospital and no amount of phenergan or anything would make me stop puking, so I'm afraid to over do it when it comes to eating or drinking. Thank you everyone in advance.

samanthalc
on 7/13/15 9:09 am
with

Call your doctor just to get his/her view, but from what I've seen on these boards it's not unusual to have this happen due to wild hormonal fluctuations.

Kiwideb
on 7/13/15 9:11 am
VSG on 01/19/15

Hormone dumping. It's not pretty, I feel your pain, it got me BAD. 

You either get it all, or none at all from what I've seen, sex is no barrier.

6mths on I'm still having hormone troubles :( but I'm an exception, not a rule

Smallbites2015
on 7/13/15 9:13 am

No worries. Mine started on the day of surgery.  Blood thinners make it worse.  

I was told stress from weightloss and surgery is a trigger.

Im only day 3 days out but trying  to recognize that fullness. I was nauseous and vomiting in PACU but resolved . 

Hang in there

gettingreal
on 7/13/15 6:01 pm

I experienced a similar dynamic - two days after surgery I had a period that was 10 days early.  It was very heavy but short lived (3 days?).  Then I had another one 7 days later that was more normal.  Talked to my doc at 3 week appointment (last Wed) and he said that Is very normal.  Hormone fluctuation and stress on body from surgery.

Recommend you try the Unjury chicken broth for fluid and protein.  Worked for me and I felt a lot better.

chubbs54
on 7/13/15 9:45 pm

Hello All,

Can I assume that none of you are in menopause. I am 61 and will be having surgery on 7/27/15 and reading a lot of this stuff is making me very nervous about the surgery.  I don't have a lot to lose but the surgery will help with other health issues I have.

E_Saenz
on 7/13/15 10:18 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

This is a good question I was a littler worried because my period is due the day before surgery!  I'm hoping I don't have that ontop of a fresh surgery but if I do I will be ok eventually!

Elia Maria Saenz

chelie
on 7/14/15 9:58 am - Bloomington, CA

Be prepared because most likely you will get it. I'm an RN and we see it all the time when women have surgery. Its really almost expected. You would think the doctors would mention this but they don't.

Most Active
Recent Topics