Just a few more days! - Plus thoughts rant

lpshanley
on 7/13/15 8:50 am

It's been a while since I have posted and for that I am rather sorry. I do however bring good tidings! My surgery was approved a little while ago and I am scheduled for 7/22. I haven't gotten a time yet but I have been assured that I will get a call with this information as my surgery approaches. On 7/15 I have my pre surgery physical and for some reason I am a bit anxious about this because although I'm sure it will be fine this is the last barrier to my surgery and if something goes awry here I will be quite discouraged. I am not exactly sure what things would bar a person from being eligible that would come up during this eval and this I feel has me the most concerned. I began my 2 week pre op liquid diet on 7/8 and I will say with certainty that it has been tough. The first 3-4 days are undoubtedly the hardest both physically and mentally however if your firm in your resolve then ketosis will set in and from this point it DOES get easier. I am down at the moment 8lbs from last wednesday!

All the steps of this process considered the toughest for me thus far has been my fiance being out of town. She has been gone 4 weeks so far and is set to be gone another 2. Its for school and I'm very excited for her. I do however, quite selfishly I might add, wish she was here to talk to and to root for me as she has always done.

For reasons that are as irrelevant to this post as they are long to describe through the years I have learned that I don't have nearly the developed sense of emotions as most people do. Unfortunately for my loved ones this means that my sense of empathy is also quite undeveloped. It seems however that the other day found myself pondering my fiance being gone the day of my surgery. Some of my family intends to be there which makes me more anxious as I will have to reassure them that everything will be OK. It may sound mean or crass but I must say that I know myself and my comforts and if I cannot have my fiance there I would honestly prefer to go it alone. But although I lack the typical 'feel' of social behavior I understand it quite well and would not prevent them from visiting. At a minimum I recognize that if I do so I will hear the complaining about this action for a long time which will likely annoy me as much or more than having to entertain on the day of. To my original thought however, on my fiance being gone the day of surgery, this is the first time that I am feeling a bit sad about this. I can honestly say that I will genuinely miss her.

I have thought about starting a vlog of this adventure as it doesn't seem that there are a lot of people who fit my demographics that are going through this, at least not a lot that are blogging/vlogging about it. I'm a 24 yr old Caucasian Male and despite my best efforts I cant seem to find anyone like this on YouTube or the greater world wide web. Thoughts?

Sandra F.
on 7/14/15 6:33 am

I'm so sorry that your fiance can't be with you for your surgery.  I wish I had done a weight loss surgery at your age.  Good luck to you!

lpshanley
on 7/14/15 7:19 am

Thank you! 

happyteacher
on 7/14/15 6:51 am

Bummer about your fiance being gone for your surgery day. Without being to forward hopefully, are you on the spectrum? I ask only because we have a member here "Jubjub' who is, and he might be a good resource for you not to mention an excellent role model. Good luck in your journey!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

lpshanley
on 7/14/15 7:18 am

It's no issue and definitely not to forward :). No I'm not on the spectrum I essentially have non clinical sociopathic tendencies. Because this was not from birth and it developed through life I'm not antisocial, rather I'm very extroverted. Basically I don't feel emotions anywhere near what a 'normal' person would which at times effects my ability to empathize to a degree. People get all weird at the term sociopath because theatrics shows people like dexter and they assume that means that your a dangerous person when this is simply not true. I work a really great job and I provide for my family, working in public service I have made a career out of actually helping a lot of people. :)

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Pretty much anything is fair game :).

Most Active
Recent Topics