Pre-Op diet, not hungry at all

Karla Phoenix
on 7/9/15 5:55 pm

I've been doing protein shakes for breakfast with fruit, same for lunch, water all day, and a salad w/ lean meat for dinner. (this is what my doctor recommended). This didn't work well the first couple days because I'd get home starving and go into a shark frenzy. 

Today I tried shake & fruit for breakfast, salad with lean meat for lunch, and a shake for dinner since I usually eat a late dinner. I also took fiber supplements, and a multivitamin (also what my doctor has recommended) with lots of water. I'm not hungry at all. Oh yeah!! I'm going to be ready for the pre-op meal plan. I'm not scared anymore. whut whut?!?!  

Me before:   ...............   Me now:  

How are y'all doing on the liquid or almost all liquid pre-op/liver shrinking diet??

Sleeved: 12/17/15

HW: 284 lbs.     SW: 266 lbs.

CW: 251 lbs.   GW: 140 lbs.

Karla Phoenix
on 7/9/15 6:00 pm

ps--I don't have a set surgery date but I know that I'd like it to be within the next 1-2 months (self-pay). So I'm really just practicing for a few days. I'm the type of person that I have to be really really prepared and ease into things or else I'll fail. I don't want to fail or cheat and not shrink my liver well enough....

Did anyone else do that too?????

Sleeved: 12/17/15

HW: 284 lbs.     SW: 266 lbs.

CW: 251 lbs.   GW: 140 lbs.

sundishine2
on 7/9/15 6:05 pm

Hey, go you!  I did the same thing and it helped a lot.  I realized I could do it and that gave me control.  The best thing I did though was give up alcohol for a few months before.  It's not required per se, but it does help and it helped me drop a few pounds before surgery as well.  Good luck and way to go you!

nugett06
on 7/10/15 6:16 am
VSG on 07/16/15

My surgery is scheduled for the 16 (only 5 days to go :)  ) and my surgeon did not put me on a pre-op diet. the only restrictions he gave me was no aspirin products for 10 days prior and only clear liquids the day before and nothing after midnight. I am curious why some doctors do a pre-op diet and some do not.

AngelaLynn11
on 7/10/15 7:42 pm

I had lap band surgery in 2007.  I had a liquid preop diet because it shrinks the liver for a safer surgery.  At least that is what I was told. 

Angela 

~Banded 7/2007, removal and revision needed.

HW 325; Lap-band 2007; LW 225; GW: 150

Most Active
Recent Topics