About plastic surgery

Ariana_Rose
on 7/9/15 8:12 pm - NJ

I worked out for two years prior to my VSG, and have worked out 4 days a week since my VSG in 2011. I lost a total of 156 pounds but unfortunately for me, there was no helping my tummy. I had a full LBL in December and the surgeon removed 18, yes 18 pounds of excess skin. Luckily the rest of my body seems to be okay as a result of the working out and toning. If I had any other plastics it would be purely for aesthetic purposes instead of functional purposes. The loose skin really does get in the way, but you never notice how much until its gone.

As for the fresh incisions, of course they are sore but they cut through the nerves so you are actually quite numb. Don't let the appearance of them deter you :)

My before and afters are posted on my instagram which any and all of you are free to follow - Arianarose524

Good luck!

"Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring." - St. Catherine of Sienna

LnS4ever
on 7/10/15 6:21 pm - OK

Hey Ariana_Rose,

Thank you for the info.. Congratulation on your weigh loss..

Can you tell me what a LBL is I am not up to date on alot of the abbreviation.. 

Always N Forever

LnS4ever 

Ariana_Rose
on 7/13/15 2:25 pm - NJ

Sorry about that - LBL is lower body lift. Its a 360 degree incision, that removes excess skin from the tummy, flanks, and back as well as tightens the skin on the legs due to the pulling.

AngelaLynn11
on 7/10/15 7:30 pm

I had plastic surgery.  I had a tummy tuck, back lipo and breast reduction at the same time.  It was very painful and took a LONG time to recover but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  There are tummy tuck forums that you can post to that were so very important for me in my preparation and recovery.  Although I've gained alot of weight back, my tummy is still fairly flat.  The tummy apron is not back and never will be.   

Angela 

~Banded 7/2007, removal and revision needed.

HW 325; Lap-band 2007; LW 225; GW: 150

LnS4ever
on 7/11/15 7:22 am - OK

Thank you so much for the information... 

It is still really early for that for me but I am researching way before..

Always N Forever

LnS4ever 

happyteacher
on 7/11/15 5:31 am

Initially, I never planned on getting PS. I carried most of my weight abdominally, however, and there was just no doing anything with it. Even though my husband swore it didn't bother him, it bothered me a lot. Insurance covered the panni removal, and I kicked in $2,000 for the TT portion. It made a huge difference for me emotionally. Yes, the legs are a bit saggy, and a little in the arms- but I can get passed that pretty easily. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Bella_Fein
on 7/11/15 7:01 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Skin has everything to do with the amount you have and genetics. It can only bounce back so much. If you are genetically blessed it could bounce back better than others. You can't "work off" excess skin. I will take the skin over the weight I had any day, but boy would I like to get rid of the skin. I look much better now in my clothes, but once the clothes come off? Oh boy! I wouldn't go back for anything though.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LnS4ever
on 7/11/15 7:29 am - OK

Thank you so much for the information.

I know I am not to really going to be able to have any type of plastic surgery.

But to me the BIGGEST step is to get the VSG done and start losing this weight.

I want to look in the mirror and ask I did this thats the me I have been waiting to come out..

You know that I mean?

Always N Forever

LnS4ever 

Bella_Fein
on 7/11/15 5:02 am, edited 7/11/15 5:02 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I don't know if I will ever have plastics either. Either way this is the best decision I ever made and I'm happy. I am just happy in my 1 piece bathing suit and wrap instead of a bikini. Which is still way better than the long shorts and t-shirts I used to wear when I rarely went swimming before.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LnS4ever
on 7/11/15 2:16 pm - OK

I know I would feel the same way also.. Its embarrassing it go some where to swim or something and your the only one who cant fit into a swim suit. I am so far way from that point and it sometime just get to me.. I think surgery is either late September early October. I just want to get it done and start working on me you know..

Sorry I went off the path a little..

Always N Forever

LnS4ever 

Most Active
Recent Topics