Bad food choices; now feeling rotten!

Swally1
on 7/12/15 11:20 pm
VSG on 06/10/15

I ate about 4 oz of fried fish and 2 bites of coleslaw. Wish I could vomit, but no go. 

How long will I feel rotten?

nursebonnie
on 7/13/15 6:57 am
VSG on 08/19/14

I am not sure what your diet plan is from your surgeon, but at 4 weeks out I would personally think fried fish and coleslaw would be very hard to digest. Your sleeve is still healing and coleslaw has a lot of roughage. Fried anything is hard to digest for a new sleeve.

Broiled or baked or grilled fish would be easier on your sleeve.

Check with your surgeon or nut about the veggies at this point.

Good luck

Swally1
on 7/13/15 10:28 am
VSG on 06/10/15

Thanks for the reply! I definitely had a lapse in judgement 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/13/15 8:04 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Stay away from the coleslaw! You should be eating nothing but protein for now, and many folks have trouble with lettuce and crunchy veggies for months (or longer) post op.

I imagine the grease in the fish didn't help either. Stick to baked fish and you'll feel better :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Swally1
on 7/13/15 10:26 am
VSG on 06/10/15

Thanks Julie. 

JoeyJo
on 7/13/15 9:46 am - NJ

I'm sure you're feeling fine by now, but I found that walking as fast as I could was the only thing that made the need to vomit go away.  I found this out by accident when I was walking to find an available bathroom or first aid station during half time at a very crowded college football game.  When I finally found a place, about 20 minutes later, I no longer needed to throw up.  This only happened to me one other time while I was home, so I briskly paced until the feeling passed. 

Swally1
on 7/13/15 10:26 am
VSG on 06/10/15

Thanks for the tip; won't make that mistake again!

Most Active
Recent Topics