How do other night shifters stay on track?

chelie
on 7/12/15 2:30 pm - Bloomington, CA

I'm 5 years post op and work as an RN doing 12 hr 8pm to 8am night shifts. I have noticed that my weight is creeping back up and want to get in control now! I'd love to hear how other night shifters schedule their meals, snacks, sleep ect...

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! (Changing back to dayshift isn't an option at the moment though)

Thanks in Advance!!!

Kellyrob
on 7/12/15 6:01 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

I am only 3 months out, I am also a RN and work 12 hr nights and have for 10 yrs now. I Dont know how my current plan will work out in the long run but my nutritionist told me to eat every 5-6hrs. I eat breakfast take a afternoon nap sometimes I will have lunch when I wake up, lately I have been drinking a protein shake on my way to work and I eat dinner between 12-1 am depending on how busy we are. I have a snack (yogurt, bar or fruit) then I go home and have breakfast and go to bed. If I go back the next night I follow the plan above if not I sleep till 3 or so and I might have lunch then depending on how I feel, dinner around 7pm.I followed this plan before surgery but I tended to have more snacks and ate more at my meals.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/12/15 7:39 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I work a rotating shift, so I feel your pain when it comes to working nights. I have a 7p-7a shift & it rotates with a 7a-7p shift.

Usually I reverse what I do during the day & swap it to nights. When I get up in the afternoon, I'll have my protein shake & work on my water. If I'm energetic I'll try to get some exercise in. Right b4 I ride in to work I'll eat a meal, then by the time I get to work I work on water again. Maybe around 11 or 12 eat a snack/light meal, then I'll eat again around 3 or 4 am, around 4:30 I'll have some coffee, ride home, have a light meal, then go to sleep.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics