Well, It's the day before surgery..

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/15 4:28 pm
VSG on 07/13/15

Thankfully I didn't need to take antibiotics 

nashbeer
on 7/12/15 4:27 pm

good luck I had the sleeve sugery on april 13 2015 and so far I lost 105 pounds I started at 487 now 382 you will be alright just have faith

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/15 4:32 pm
VSG on 07/13/15

Great progress! 

csbsteph
on 7/12/15 11:03 am, edited 7/12/15 11:05 am - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

You'll be fine.  Just drink only water or sip only water, a nurse accidentally brought me some crystal light to mix with my water and it made me throw up.  She later apologized and said that I was only supposed to have been on plain clear liquids.  You'll have gas from the gas they pump into you during surgery to move things around, this will last about a week and can feel painful in your shoulders.  Just do a lot of walking, they will make you walk so many laps up and down the hall each day but remember to walk as much as you can to work the gas out at home too.  Stay strong, sending you prayers and blessings as you take this step into your new life.  Steph  Be excited it's amazing to have a new lease on life

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/15 6:25 pm
VSG on 07/13/15

Thank you for reminding me about the gas I'll be soon receiving. I'll keep walking.

psychoticparrot
on 7/12/15 6:15 pm

You don't have to know how to feel. Just feel what you're feeling. All normal before a major surgery. The anesthetics they use today are wonderful compared to years ago. You come out of them quicker with far fewer unpleasant side effects.

Good luck to you and to your surgery buddy, Gwen.

Keep us in the loop as soon as you are able.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/15 6:26 pm
VSG on 07/13/15

I'll do my best! 

PCdragonfly
on 7/12/15 6:41 pm

Good luck with everything!  No major surgery here either so actually going through with something elective for me is a big deal.  I have only been in the hospital once before and that was for chemo treatments.  Brought my laptop but with anesthesia this time around, I am only going to bring my Kindle.  Prayers to you guys!  I always say, "It will all be worth it to bend over and not cut off my own air supply!"

Pinner
on 7/12/15 6:49 pm

Congratulations!!  The one thing that I wish I would have brought to the hospital with me was an electric heating pad.  I found that the heated towels helped move the gas but the heat ran out to fast.  The second night the hospital ran out of towels by 10pm :(  

I wish you a quick recovery!!  You will do great!!

Reicken
on 7/12/15 10:02 pm - Victoria , Canada

Keep the faith. I'm pre-op like you but am looking forward to the 27th when I go in for my surgery. I've had major surgery twice in the last 3 years due to an MVA and the anesthetic and post op care was top notch. 

All the the best to you mate!

HW: 330 | SW: 300 | 1 Mo: -27 | 2 Mo: -12| 3 Mo: 0 (stalled!)

Surgery Type: VSG - Dr. Malik @ Royal Jubilee Hospital (2015/07/27)

Most Active
Recent Topics