Have I hit my first stall?

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/15 10:08 am

It has been a little over a month since I've been sleeved. I went from 248.8 lbs during my pre-op diet to 215.5 lbs here today. It's been about a week and I have been staying around 217 lbs to 215 lbs and I was wondering if this is the stall that everyone talks about. I'm pleased will have loosing this much weight so far but like everyone I want it to continue. I believe I have more than enough protein, and I drink about 2 some times 3 20 ounce bottles of water. The only thing I have been lacking is working out, since the surgery I have been beyond exhausted and it's hard to even wake up in the morning and getting the stay started, let alone exercise.  

Is it normal to have a stall already, only being a month out?

What are some things I can do to end this stall and get back on track?

What are things you guys have done to get weight loss happening again?

Is exercise the only missing equation to my stall ending?

poplargreys
on 7/12/15 5:09 am, edited 7/12/15 5:11 am
VSG on 03/31/15

As long as you are meeting your protein and water goals and moving as much as possible every day, you ARE on track ;)  Stalls happen. They suck. But the scale is only one way to track progress. Take your measurements, set exercise goals, or find some other way to challenge yourself and use those to track your progress if/when the scale stops. 

I just broke through my first multi-week stall today, after wiggling back and forth since the beginning of the month. I've had the scale stop for a few days at a time, but this was the longest stretch of time so far. I was definitely frustrated, but I dropped a whole size in pants and tops during that stall - I tend to lose inches fastest when the scale doesn't move, not sure why, but that's how my body works. That's why choosing another way to track besides just the scale is so nice, because during a stall you can still see progress :)

AngelaLynn11
on 7/12/15 12:16 pm

Have you been eating any sugars or filling up on empty or liquid calories?  I don't have a sleeve but knowing the band that is what would cause a stall or gain for me. 

Angela 

~Banded 7/2007, removal and revision needed.

HW 325; Lap-band 2007; LW 225; GW: 150

Gwen M.
on 7/12/15 2:57 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Totally normal.  

Are you off track now?  Or are you following your program?  

The weight will come off if you stick to your plan.  You didn't gain it in a consistent manner, you won't lose it that way either.  Fluctuations and stalls will always happen.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/15 4:53 pm

I'm following my program, the only thing that is hard is remembering to constantly drink all day long and how almost every week my friends want to go for ice cream ( I go for sugar free) but I believe this could be the reason I am in my stall

Dan1962
on 7/12/15 3:19 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

If you drink three 20 oz bottles of water thats only 60 oz.  Are you getting more fluids with protein shakes?

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/15 4:51 pm

speaking to my dietitian, she said it was a good amount of liquid.

What is the amount I should be having? I find it really hard to constantly drink all day long

Dan1962
on 7/13/15 6:09 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Most everyone I speak to, including my surgeon and nutritionist, recommend 64 oz minimum but would like to see 80 oz.  It takes practice but you really should try to up it.  I drink 32 oz by lunch everyday.  Then another 32 oz by dinner.  I then try to get an additional 16 oz in the evening.  It really helps.

poplargreys
on 7/13/15 6:55 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

My plan gives 64 oz as the absolute bare minimum amount per day. I aim for 90+ but don't get quite there every day. I keep a 24oz bottle with me all the time, and try to empty it on my drive to work, once again before lunch, once before I leave work, and once more on the way home, then I'll have herbal tea after dinner. It's easier for me to work towards drinking one 24oz bottle at a time, it's much less daunting especially when you're early out and every swallow can be a challenge.

Most Active
Recent Topics