7 mos. out stalled....

spuddzy
on 7/8/15 4:58 pm - NY

I've more or less weighed the same over a month..up and down same 3 lbs.  I keep track of my food intake.. I guess I eat about the same daily...I get full fast so I don't eat a lot...does everyone still have protein shakes or bars. I don't daily anymore .my doctor told me calories didn't matter that I should excercise more which I have done. Any suggestions I'm  about 15 lbs from my first goal....

spuddzy

frisco
on 7/8/15 5:26 pm

The saying goes..... "Do what your doctor says"

It baffles me when I hear doctors telling patients that calories don't matter ...... WTH ????

That may be the #1 set-up for failure.

It is of my opinion that you will not lose anymore weight if you you continue what your doing, your basically in maintenance or close to it.

Your going to have to drop your calories by 4-500 to resume WL.

Sorry for the bad news..... it's not your fault, you were set-up.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Gwen M.
on 7/8/15 5:28 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

What, exactly, are you eating each day?  Give us an example of a day's meals so we can troubleshoot.  How much liquid are you getting in?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Grim_Traveller
on 7/8/15 5:47 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

What Frisco said. And exercise is nice, and good for your health. But it won't help you lose more weight. The odds are better that it's making you hungrier, and getting you to eat more.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Laura in Texas
on 7/9/15 5:46 am

I hope you picked your surgeon because he was a good cutter because his aftercare advice is terrible. Calories definitely matter. Some people do not have to weigh/measure/track to get to goal and stay there, but many of us do. As the others have said, cut back your calories. Exercise is great for your health, but does very little to help us lose weight.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

AngelaLynn11
on 7/10/15 7:49 pm

I don't understand!  I've seen now twice that "exercise doesn't help us lose weight".  Of course it does!  I've had a lap band for 8 years and part of my issue is lack of exercise.  Since eating so few calories my metabolism is now quite low and exercise is the only thing that keeps me losing.  When I WAS on the losing track back in 2008 when I first had the band, exercise tripled my weight loss!!!  That's what my doctor said would happen and it did!  Just walk...get your heart rate up and you WILL notice a difference. 

Angela 

~Banded 7/2007, removal and revision needed.

HW 325; Lap-band 2007; LW 225; GW: 150

Pamela M.
on 7/9/15 5:54 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

My surgeon and nutritionist also do not want their patients counting calories.  I say that is total BS and just plain wrong!  All foods are not created equal and the only way that I have educated myself is by counting calories on MyFitnessPal.  Studies show that people who keep a log of what they put into their mouths are more successful at long term weight loss.  Knowledge is power and that includes counting calories.  I do not use protein shakes or bars but try to make wise choices when it comes to protein and carbs.  It is a daily struggle!  My weight loss is at a slow crawl (and that's an understatement!); however, the scale is still moving downward (even with two recent vacations).  Diligence, dedication, grit . . . plain hard work.  It's a FOREVER lifestyle change.  Good luck on your journey.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

jgreenlee12
on 7/9/15 7:00 am
VSG on 12/08/14

My surgeon also never gave me a calorie goal, even though I kept asking, but I am a firm believer that calories are what makes you gain. So I count my calories. I was also at a standstill last month. (I am 7 months post op yesterday.) But I had let my calories creep up to 1000 to 1200 and I went into maintenance. I can only lose at around 800 so I dropped back down (and got firm with myself) on Monday and I've lost 6 lbs since then (three of those I had put back on). Calories definitely matter.

I don't drink protein shakes or eat bars (the bars are very high in calories)Every once in a while I will have a shake if I am in a hurry and don't want anything else. My surgeon said I didn't have to be as strict with the protein now. That as long as I got between 40 and 60 grams, I was fine.

AngelaLynn11
on 7/10/15 7:55 pm

Calories do count but I think sugar and simple carb consumption counts MORE.  Keep your carb count low.  I eat (when eating right) low carb (20-30 carbs) per day.  Most of that is green veggies and dairy.  I am not hungry at all.  If I cheat and have something with sugar or starch THEN I get hungry.  Its the ONLY way I can lose weight.  I'm addicted to sugar and this causes dramatic weight gain in me. 

Angela 

~Banded 7/2007, removal and revision needed.

HW 325; Lap-band 2007; LW 225; GW: 150

spuddzy
on 7/9/15 8:51 am - NY

Thank you all for the help. today I started counting my calories and chart them...I'm sure the scale will move. It always was calories in and calories out...

spuddzy

Most Active
Recent Topics