Want to connect with recent post-ops!!

ceecart
on 7/2/15 10:58 am
VSG on 06/23/15

It does get MUCH better.  I had my surgery on 7/23/15 (Tuesday).  Besides tiring easily and I still have bruises.... I'm feeling great.  You will be feeling better in no time.  Take your meds, get as much water/fluids in as possible and walk every 3 hours... Sending healing thoughts

RiversAndRoads
on 7/3/15 6:32 am

Thank you so much!!  You are a week ahead of me it seems so I will look forward to watching you succeed along the way!

Michael_K
on 7/2/15 11:06 am
VSG on 06/10/15

I had my surgery on 6/10 and just had my 3 week follow up with my doctor today. Every thing is going great. If you have any questions let me know and I'll be happy to answer any you have. 

robinreinhardt
on 7/2/15 12:21 pm

I am 6 months out and I think you hit the nail on the head.  I think it is difficult too. I'm not sure if it ever gets easy. Seems like some people have an easier time but my experience is the same as yours. I pray a lot about it. Good luck Riverandroads.

Robin

RiversAndRoads
on 7/3/15 6:43 am

Thank you for your honesty, I will pray for us both.  My hope is that there will be that moment when we realize that the sacrifice was worth a healthier us.  There is something about getting older that you see really translates into giving up yet one more thing you once loved.  Ignorance sometimes is bliss;)

Tjlpnny
on 7/2/15 2:19 pm - Shandaken, NY
VSG on 06/08/15

Hi and welcome. I had my surgery on 6/8/15 making me just over 3weeks post op. I too have found it to be more difficult than expected. I had a couple set backs and a few extra trips to the surgeon, but finally this week I have met my protein of 60-80gm and am starting to feel human again. I would love to have someone who is also recently post op to go through this journey with. Feel free to message me if you want to chat, vent or just have questions. Good luck. I will start getting better.

Theresa L Jones

RiversAndRoads
on 7/3/15 6:35 am

Thank you so much Miss T, your words mean so much to me.  I am new to this site as well but will look forward to checking in with you to support you and see your successes...

psychoticparrot
on 7/2/15 7:24 pm

I was also dismayed with how weak and ill I felt in the weeks immediately following surgery. It's major surgery, all right, and along with the after-effects of anesthesia, it will be a while before you feel like yourself again. Take one day, one hour, even one minute at a time as you heal. You may feel like you made a huge mistake getting the surgery. You didn't. You will heal. You will feel better. It may take a while.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

RiversAndRoads
on 7/3/15 6:36 am

THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!

Ok2BaLoser
on 7/2/15 7:37 pm
VSG on 06/19/15

Congrats! I had surgery 6/19. Everything went well, I was just concerned that I wasn't drinking enough. I know it's difficult right now, but please sip sip sip. I went back to work 3 days post op and made it half a day. I have a desk job. I felt it was necessary to push myself but also listen to your body. Everyone is a little different.  Push water as much as possible. Walk. Rest when you feel tired. Most importantly never be afraid to ask questions on here. Most everyone is very nice and most importantly honest. Welcome to the losers bench! I'm here for you anytime. 

Most Active
Recent Topics