6 Year Surgiversary on Wednesday....

Brandi D
on 7/6/15 6:11 pm

Well when Dr. Garth tells me that the 40 Bougies stretch.. when lots of ladies HERE were talking about 40  bougies stretching previously.. I think I'm gonna just go see him in August....

If something holds more than it did before.. It's stretched.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
Gwen M.
on 7/6/15 6:13 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Good luck.  I hope he tells you what you want to hear.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Brandi D
on 7/6/15 11:14 am, edited 7/6/15 11:20 am

Good luck. I was JUST where you were 5 years ago singing every praise and swearing only bad decisions would stretch it ;)

Exactly where you were.

I even had the egocentric blog attempting to sing the praises with youtube videos, blog updates, and admonishing anyone who said they struggled. But I was so early on, I actually owned a .com ;) And made a pretty penny shilling my story and bullying ways.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
Amy M.
on 7/6/15 6:48 pm - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

No one is being a bully.  You've gotten some good advice on here and you're snapping back because you aren't hearing what you want to hear.

Everyone stretches a little as time goes on, obviously.  We aren't saying you haven't stretched.  We're saying getting an endoscopy will tell you IF and HOW MUCH you've stretched and what your next move should be in addition to making better food choices.

happyteacher
on 7/7/15 4:35 am

I don't know Brandi... I have a sleeve up in the 40s, had the surgery in 11', and my restriction is still fantastic. I am not saying it is not a restriction issue for you- obviously milege will vary... but I wonder. I do know that if I start to eat a lot of carb than it seems that my restriction is non-existent. Have you tried eliminating carb for 4 days to see what happens? Karik does this thing where he eats only dense protein for 3 or 4 days and he avoids hunger and it resets everything so to speak. Perhaps try something like that? 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Laura in Texas
on 7/6/15 6:55 pm

Love you, Brandi!! 

You are a great mom and have overcome a lot. I am proud of you!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

KattattaK
on 7/6/15 12:45 pm, edited 7/6/15 12:46 pm

She has pointed out that she doesn't have insurance at the moment and therefore can't afford to have an endoscopy at this time. I dont think anyone is being a bully here, but she is being encouraged to eat fewer calories, and she's repeatedly attempting to explain that is no longer in her control to do now that she is able to physically consume more food. Is it a choice? Yes, but she obviously no longer has the restriction she had a year ago, 2 years ago and is now obese once again. Her doc has actually told her via email that it seems that her sleeve has stretched. However, as mentioned earlier, the only way to find out if her sleeve has truly stretched is to have a professional perform a test in the form of an endoscopy. However, that is not possible right now. All she knows is that she is able to eat lots more than she could before. Brandi, congrats on all you've accomplished (sober living and having a beautiful child). I am so sorry for all you are going through with your weight loss journey. I hope things work out for you with Alvarez.

Brandi D
on 7/6/15 8:25 pm

Thanks for summarizing.. It's not that I don't KNOW the rules... It's just without restriction, I am struggling to stay under 1000 calories...

I would like to have the restriction back.. and I would've liked for the bougie to have started smaller. I'm a volume eater.

cspotrun
on 7/6/15 8:30 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

That baby is adorable!

have you considered a DS to add some malabsorption to the equation? Just a thought, especially if your body is resistant to weight loss. I can understand if that's too drastic, I just figured I'd throw it out there since you already have the first part of the surgery done. Best of luck to you!

Karen   

Brandi D
on 7/6/15 8:33 pm

Considering.... but I really only wanna get below 200... I enjoy the gym, being active.... I don't need to see  below 180.... I'll be happy as can be just under 200 again and doing 5k's and being fit.

Most Active
Recent Topics