Short Term Disability?

Tracy D.
on 7/6/15 11:03 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My STD plan kicked in after 5 days off of work so I was able to get approved for a couple days.  My husband's plan didn't kick in until 10 days off work so he was back to work before he was eligible for anything.  My husband has a more physical job and needed a full two weeks off.  I have a desk job and only needed 5 days off plus the day of surgery. 

Every STD plan is different.  If you think you would qualify then get the paperwork turned in.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/6/15 11:20 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I was out of the office for two weeks, though I probably should have taken more time-- I did my recovery on Advil, none of the good painkillers. I'm a computer geek, so I didn't have to worry about lifting or anything, but I was very tired for quite a while.

Our company's STD kicks in after 2 weeks, during which you need to take sick/vacation time or go without pay. This will probably vary from company to company, so check with your HR department. No need to tell them you're having WLS, just mention that you'll be having "a medical procedure" and they'll give you the info.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

AmyDee123
on 7/6/15 12:42 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Once you are cleared you can use a laptop case and bag on wheels like what you would use for travel.  that way you are not carrying things that are heavy.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Most Active
Recent Topics