Pre-Op Diet

KristyJo2
on 6/30/15 2:26 pm

I just received my pre-op diet. It is 10-14 days of 3-4 EAS Protein shakes a day. I just looked those up and they are 100 calories each. I can also have some yogurt, cottage cheese, and jello... Seriously, how am I going to survive two weeks of 500 calories a day? I'm so nervous that I am going to not be able to get through those two weeks!

Oliviansmom
on 6/30/15 2:33 pm

After the first three days, you really won't miss the food.  I'm allowed up to 5 shakes a day, but no cottage cheese or yogurt.  I do have the jello, though, even though I'm not a big jello fan.  I'm on day 6, and I get a little better each day.  However, one big thing is that once you see a few pounds drop off, it'll motivate you to keep at it!

KristyJo2
on 6/30/15 2:38 pm

I hope you are right! Thanks for the encouragement. When is your surgery?

Oliviansmom
on 6/30/15 3:11 pm

My surgery is set for July 9th 

newdawnh
on 6/30/15 7:50 am, edited 6/30/15 7:51 am
VSG on 06/16/15

You will survive trust me I am on my 5th week of liquid protein diet 2 weeks preop and on my 3rd week post op surgery was June 16 I get to move on to soft protein next week you can also have cream of chicken soup I bought the Protidiet creamy chicken soup mixes from Dr office they are so good I did add low sodium bouillon packets with them you can get the soup mixes on Amazon also although they are a little pricey on there. Good luck 

KristyJo2
on 6/30/15 3:05 pm

Thanks!

becca2015
on 7/1/15 3:27 pm

Me too!  I think I'm more nervous about the pre-op diet than the actual surgery!

~Becca~ 

Most Active
Recent Topics