Depression, hunger, weakness - 2 weeks postop

legboneman
on 7/3/15 3:32 pm

Hello my friend , I had my sleeve surgery done in end of feb. I felt the same way you do , it is a very very hard time to deal with , I felt lost not being able to eat like i used to . depressed and very tired . Hey I wanted to let you know that it does get better it took me about 3 months to come around a little and feel better. Hang in there friend it is all worth it 

TexanSleever86
on 7/14/15 6:19 pm
VSG on 06/17/15

Thanks for the reassurance.  Not eating isn't such a problem for me - I don't mind my protein shakes and jello. :)  It is more just being exhausted!  I met with my psychiatrist last week and we are going to play with the dosing and timing of my meds to keep me more at a constant level.  I am looking forward to moving up to soft foods soon!  Tomorrow is my 4 weeks postop!  41 lbs down woohoo.  (I think I will stop losing so quickly once I move up to real food, I have been mainly on liquids due to gallbladder removal issues and intolerance of a lot of foods).  I'm hoping it will even out once I start eating solid foods. 

5'6"  HW: 264 SW: 252 CW: 173 GW: 150

TexanSleever86
on 7/14/15 6:26 pm
VSG on 06/17/15

I am approaching where you were when you wrote this!  I have hard a hard time adding puree.  I can tolerate mushy avocados and anything that isn't "sticky" most days.  But it isn't even consistent from day to day - One day something goes down fine, the next it hurts for 45 minutes as it sits there below my ribs.  (the most awful feeling in the world!!).  I am just taking it as slowly as possible.  Tomorrow is 4 weeks postop for me and I am ready to start moving up.  Being on mainly liquids is killing my energy.  Sure I've lost 41 lbs, but eating only 400 calories a day is not helping my ability to work or exercise or sleep!!

Also not drinking is a little harder than I thought.  I went out this weekend and had to turn down drink offers from a couple of guys.  I am not really comfortable saying I had bariatric surgery - especially since a lot of people told me I didn't look "big enough" to have it done when I was preop. 

How are you doing now?  What is your food schedule like?

5'6"  HW: 264 SW: 252 CW: 173 GW: 150

Most Active
Recent Topics