All sleeved!

Donna L.
on 6/26/15 7:52 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Thanks for the support, everyone!  I had surgery Monday, and I went home a day or so ago.  Everything was textbook fine which shocked me, because my last surgery wound up with me getting MRSA, put on a wound vac, and hospitalized for quite some time.  

I was panicking because I was able to get decent liquid and protein in finally.  Yesterday (the day I came home) not so much.  Today was 67.2 oz of liquid and 51g protein.  Rare nausea and pain.  I have a phone timer that dings every 4-5 minutes to remind me to take a sip.  Yes... I am neurotic, heh.  If I don't do it I find myself drinking too fast and then it is extremely uncomfortable.  I'm kind of worried it is this easy now because I'm terrified of over drinking and getting a leak, but I am being very cautious.

I would not have been able to do this without all of you.  Thank you very much!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/15 11:30 am

Congrats on your new sleeve! I'm glad things are going well for you.

I found that drinking 2 oz of water every 15 minutes worked  very well for me the first several weeks post op. That's only a 1/4 cup every 15 minutes. You can set your timer to ring every 15 minutes which might be less, shall we say, Neurotic - to use your word! ;-)

Donna L.
on 6/27/15 8:43 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I am just letting you know I totally stole your idea, Kairk!  It's so much less annoying.  

I'm just afraid of damaging the sleeve.  Can we even damage it drinking too much?  I assume discomfort would kick in long before that.  Maybe not.  I'm not gonna risk it.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics