One-Year Surgiversary

JoeyJo
on 6/26/15 9:11 am, edited 6/26/15 10:56 am - NJ

I had surgery with Dr. Binenbaum June 24, 2014.  Before surgery, I officially lost 25 lbs. and 79 lbs. afterwards for a total of 104 lbs. gone.  I am not done.  I am still losing and intend to lose 16 - 27 lbs. or possibly more depending what my body feels like doing as I continue following the plan.  I do what Dory advises in Finding Nemo and Just Keep Swimming!

I highly recommend everyone starting this procedure should get a fitness band and download an app for logging their food.  I researched fitness bands and bought an UP24 from Jawbone and downloaded their app before surgery to help me track everything I ate and keep track of my exercise.  I wear it every day and continue to track everything I eat even when I stray off the path.  It reminds me to move, it motivates me, and is so easy to use.   

I keep my house, my car, my desk, my pocketbook fully stocked with protein bars and my staple foods.  I prepare for emergencies.  Mini babybel light cheeses are my "emergency cheese".  I throw one or two in my bag when there may be a delay in my schedule. 

I usually eat at the same times Mondays through Fridays and usually eat the same things.  Saturdays and Sundays, I give myself more slack, but still stick close to plan and track everything.

I drink a lot of water.  I drink a 24 oz. Propel on my way to work.  I refill the bottle with powdered Propel and water.  I drink decaf coffee.  This gives me a head start on the day. I stop a half an hour before eating, then start up again a half an hour after eating. 

I rarely miss a support group meeting.  It is a priority.  I read obesityhelp.com every night before bed and every workday during lunch if I'm not outside walking.

Exercise is a priority every day.  It is so much easier and more fun as you lose weight.  You'll see. 

Tracy D.
on 6/26/15 11:32 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You are a ROCK STAR, Joey! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/26/15 1:00 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Congratulations on your weight loss!   I agree with everything you're doing.  Being prepared is one of the most fundamental aspects following WLS.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Paula1965
on 6/27/15 7:35 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Congratulations on your success so far...you are nearing in on your goal! Looks like you are rockin' your plan and it is paying off!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

JoeyJo
on 6/27/15 9:33 am - NJ

Thank you! 

Most Active
Recent Topics