Please help! Ravenous hunger, 3 months out.

cappy11448
on 6/25/15 9:49 pm, edited 6/25/15 9:54 pm

Hi TanyaR,

I'm sorry to hear you had to go thru a D & C.  I would guess it is hormones that are causing your hunger.  All I can suggest is distraction (take a walk, drink a cup of tea, do a project, etc)  and healthy snacks.

I can relate to the feeling of being hungry and being really TIRED of being hungry all the time.  I've been there!  I had to up my calories over time just because it was so difficult.   I did still get to my goal weight.

I make salads for snacks sometimes.  I'll cut up a cucumber and make a dressing of plain yogurt, balsamic vinegar and artificial sweetener,  or I'll make a broccoli slaw with trader joes broccoli slaw mix, cranberries, nuts and the same dressing.  Or mashed cauliflower, or green bean dishes, or pan-fried cabbage, etc. There are tons of things you can make with zucchini which are also low calorie and delicious. You can eat as much as you want of these with little impact on weight loss.

Or you might decide to add  more healthy meals until this passes.  If you keep the meals healthy - all dense protein and low carb veggies, it won't impact your weight loss too much.  This will pass!

best of luck,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Sandra F.
on 6/26/15 6:21 am

I have noticed that dehydration or slight dehydration will cause me to be more hungry so make sure you sip all day.  Also, I have noticed that I am more hungry around my time of the month and there is no cure for that.  :(

ladygodiva1228
on 6/26/15 7:34 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Please post your daily food intake so the vets on here can help you out.  Without know exactly what you are eating in a day it is really hard for them to give you answers and help.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

emelar
on 6/26/15 8:13 am - TX

Try adding a little fat to your diet - avocado (mmmm, guacamole!), nuts, a little fat on your meat, some butter.  Fat will satisfy you longer.  I suspect your hormones are whackadoodle, and they'll hopefully swing back into alignment with a little time.

Tracy D.
on 6/26/15 8:59 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

The additional fat also will help with regulating hormones - hormones need fat to work properly.  I'm seconding what another poster suggested by adding a bit of fat.  Good fat!  It will help to keep the food in your stomach longer. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Jennchap
on 6/26/15 9:08 pm - CA

with the pregnancy stuff I wonder if you're dealing with something hormonal? Perhaps getting on a BC that would regulate hormones could help? I was pregnant post sleeve for about a month and the hunger was insane until my levels returned to normal

HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

Donna L.
on 6/27/15 9:04 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Pre-op this happened to me constantly if I was on the wrong birth control.  I went and got nexplanon, the implantable one, before surgery because I did not want to deal with that horrifying hunger.  Even the phentermine did not dent it.  It definitely might be why.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics