Surgery postponed

chubbs54
on 6/24/15 8:22 pm

Hello All,

Thanks for the well wishes but my fears were right on my surgery moved from June 29th is now is scheduled for July 27th. My surgeron said that the anesthesiologist will not proceed with my cold and it would be better to reschedule. I saw my primary the day after my appt with my surgeron and it was a good thing to reschedule because I have a virus which I had to be put on antiboatics. What's one more month right alot of people have waited alot longer then I. I give you all alot of credit for your patience with issues that have come up.

gwen41539
on 6/24/15 8:35 pm - kimper, KY

I know how you fell I went in June 4th thinking I was getting my surgery date but it was just my pre op.teaching..My surgeon was on vacation till June 30th so it's almost same thing lol my time is almost up I have spent the last week on my pre op diet so far I have lost 8lbs hang in there hour right some people wait years ...another month will pass.quickly 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

chubbs54
on 6/24/15 9:32 pm

Thanks Gwen for the encourgement and your right about the time going quicky the year is just flying by. I wasn't told to lose any weight I guess it was because I had lost 20 lbs since Oct when my Husband had a heart attack & stroke but thank God he made it through it all. He is suffering some short term memory loss and a partial foot amputation due to all the meds and poor circulation to his left foot also had a quad bypass  but for someone who wasn't expected to live past three hrs once entering the emergency room is truely my Mircle Man. So I have decided to take care of me so I can be here to take care of him. We gave 3 childeren whom have there own families to take care of. I have lost another 6 lbs since first seeing my surgeon but my tinker didn't same my update.

mickeymantle
on 6/24/15 10:40 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

i HAD A SKIN INFECTION AND HAD MY SURGERY PUT OFF 1 MONTH  the day before my surgeon went on vacation

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

MaronitaMay
on 6/25/15 4:02 am

I'm so sorry to hear of your postponement.  I had just the opposite experience.  I HAD to postpone my surgery in 2012.  I was in the psyche hospital up until the work day before my surgery.  Because of having had to postpone due to psyche hospitalization, they made me wait another six months.  I can, therefore, sympathize with you.  Be strong!  Remind yourself that it will be a lifelong change and that what is one month in the long run.

MaronitaMay

chubbs54
on 6/25/15 11:26 pm

Thank you all for your support. I've waited this long to do something about my weight I can wait a little longer. 

gwen41539
on 6/26/15 5:52 am - kimper, KY

And from your ticker you don't have much to lose so it will come.off fast :) and I hope your husband is doing better 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics