What Not To Wear

MaronitaMay
on 6/25/15 3:55 am

NO, It does NOT sound nuts!  I completely understand.  I have lost 100 pounds (LAP-BAND Surgery) and am 4 pounds away from my personal goal (I'm a size 8 - 10).  My surgery was in 2012.  I experienced the same thing and to this day I find things in my old size that I absolutely LOVE that I can NOT find in my current size.  When I was obese I found things in the smaller sizes that I loved.  It is funny that we are never satisfied with where we are at.  Anyways I found the below website useful in picking out the right styles of clothing.

www.wikihow.com/Dress-for-Your-Body-Type

I have found the advice they give to be right on the money (at least for my shape).  Although I am not a toothpick, I pretty much have an hour glass shape. and their recommendations seem to be appropriate for me.  Happy hunting for new clothes.

GoBlueGirl1998
on 6/25/15 7:27 am - MI

I embrace shopping and love it.......probably a little too much!! I'm a bargain or sale shopper and I have getting fantastic deals at JC Penny, Old Navy, Target, Ann Taylor Loft & the Limited. Sign up for emails from stores you may like. You get lots of coupons and they will notify you when they have a sale. Happy shopping!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

toddwho23
on 6/26/15 6:32 am

I've found the best bargains and "style" for me (I'm 43, a professor, and a mom, but not old!), at Old Navy, Talbots , DressBarn, Macy's, and Kohls. 

I know how you're feeling! I still find myself gravitating to the plus section or Lane Bryant, thinking that's where I need to be even though many other options are open for us. Some things still fit (I'm a 14/16), but very few. Time to move on and just get out there and try things! 

Most Active
Recent Topics