it's all coming together

Sjfink
on 6/23/15 10:36 pm
VSG on 09/08/15

I've been researching surgery since 2002, but never thought I'd actually be able to do it for financial reasons. I now find myself with insurance that will pay, and as soon as I found out they would cover the sleeve (up until now they had only covered RNY & lap band), I started the process. Insurance requires 6 months of "medically supervised weight loss" (which really means 6 months of not gaining weight) before they will give the referral for surgery. I have my 6 month appointment on 7/1, my consultation with the surgeon & nutritionist on 7/13, and a psych eval on 7/16. I'm hoping to have surgery in early September.

I'm sure I'll have questions along the way, but just wanted to introduce myself! 

Sandra F.
on 6/24/15 5:48 am

Welcome!  You will find a lot of helpful advice on here.  Good luck to you!

Smilez313
on 6/24/15 6:18 am

Welcome!! im also in process of approval. Im 2 months away from finishing my medically supervised weightloss and have done the psych eval to which everythings going great. im scheduled for my endoscopy on the 30th of this month. it seems like time is fliying. before we know it We will have our sleeves!! so good luck and im hoping to see ur progress!

psychoticparrot
on 6/24/15 6:19 am

Insurance companies -- I have a love/hate relationship with them. Because they wouldn't approve your surgery, you've had to suffer years of misery from excess weight. So glad you now have an insurance plan where they understand how important the issue of obesity is for you and your health. Good luck!

psychoticparrots

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics