Post op surgery pain question! :) (how long out of work?)

rezilliance
on 6/24/15 10:42 am
VSG on 06/03/14

I was off work for about 8 weeks and then did a gradual return to work over the course of another 4 weeks, and I have a desk job. I wasn't in pain or feeling sick so much, but I had a difficult time getting my energy levels and my cognitive function back up to par. My case is probably different from most though because I was dealing with anemia, sleep apnea, pre-diabetes, and I found it very difficult to keep my protein up.

Everyone is different, but from what I've heard from other sleevers, most people are back to light work duties within 2 to 3 weeks. It just depends a lot on any pre-existing medical conditions and your ability to get the vitamins and nutrition you need to bounce back.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your pre-op prep and surgery!!

Age: 38 | Height: 5'5.5" | Surgery Date: June 3, 2014 | VSG | HW: 380 | SW: 340 | CW: 237 | GW: 168

JennyC724
on 7/24/15 6:34 pm

Thanks for all the advice! I'll definitely just have to make it work, one way or the other! :) Being the Chief of Staff and my own boss will help, because if I have to leave, I'll just leave!! Hope I can swing it tho... hate to lose pay, because I will be out of vacation days by then!

Jenny  294 HW/ 263 CW - awaiting approval for Sleeve scheduled 11/4/15
Banded 5/15/07 ,Tubing disconnect - surgical repair 4/22/08, Severe complications, band removed 10/10

Most Active
Recent Topics